Documentary Photo Essays
Documentary Photography Essays aim to connect readers to a story through documentary photography.
If the site contains multiple essays and a juxtaposition of other styles with Documentary; the editorial team reserves the right to link only to the essay that shows Documentary photography.
: Techniques and Styles
: Photo Essays
- Mexican Community in New York City - Photographer Mary Teresa Giancoli documents the rituals, festivals techniques and styles documentary and foods of the Mexican community in New techniques and styles documentary York City.
- Over the Roads - Photographs of Iran based on "Towards Ispahan" a Pierre Loti photo essays novel. Links to Loti\'s biography, articles and web-based books.
- Jan Shim Photography - Collection of the people and places one Brunei techniques and styles documentary Darussalam ambassador has been and met during his techniques and styles documentary official business.
- East Side Stories - Black and white photographs of Latino gang members documentary in East photo essays Los Angeles by Joseph Rodriguez.
- Navajo Art - Navajo indian culture and history in pictures. Earl documentary Waggoner lived on the Navajo Indian Reservations in documentary the 1950s and recordered the culture of the documentary Nation among dramatic panoramic views of the Southwest.
- Absent Reality - Alejandro Jaimes-Larrarte\\'s experience with WTC before the tragedy and the techniques and styles events in NY after the tragedy (not photographs of the techniques and styles event itself).
- Scott Carrier: From Afghanistan - A photo-audio-essay, with excerpts from Harper\\'s magazine article: photo essays "After the Fall, Letters from Afghanistan" (April 2002).
- The Pigeon Train - 2 photo essays in Korean and English: the documentary Pigeon Train, documentary and soldiers on the northern frontier documentary of South Korea (untitled). documentary By Lee Jin Hong.
- Carpet People of India - Sponsored by the STEP Foundation Switzerland, which works techniques and styles documentary for fair conditions in carpet trade. By Adrian techniques and styles documentary Moser.
- FotoFestival Naarden - Photo essay about a photo festival in Holland.
- Behind The Stonewall - 5 essays on US Civil War battlefields Harpers Ferry, Antietam, techniques and styles Manassas, Gettysburg and Chickamauga.
- Vietnam Postcards - Vietnamese culture and lifestyle by Filipino photographer Claro Cortes.
- 9-11 Images - Photographic journey through the aftermath of 9-11, the techniques and styles documentary heroes, the missing and the mourning, in memory techniques and styles documentary of those who died.
- Children of Eastern Europe - Of children living in orphanages and psychiatric hospitals in Russia and Moldova, and who have gone underground in Bucharest, Romania. By Northstar Gallery.
- Photo Aid Project - Promotional photography to humanitarian aid organizations.
- The Refugee Project - A photography project undertaken by documentary photographer Bikem photo essays Ekberzade photo essays on the lives of refugees and IDPs. photo essays The project photo essays is currently open for grants and photo essays sponsorships.
- Soccer in Liberia by Tim Hetherington - Tim Hetherington looks at soccer in a Liberia recovering from documentary civil war.
- Spotfire Images: Wildfire Photojournal - Photo-essays of wildland firefighting, including smokejumping and hot shot crews. techniques and styles By Alaska Smokejumper and photographer Mike McMillan.
- China's Yangtze - A series of images shot below the submersion documentary levels of China\'s future Yangtze reservoir. By Bill documentary Zorn.
- Indochine - Photographs from Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and thailand by the documentary photo essays photographer Bikem Ekberzade.
- New York Changing - Berenice Abbott\\'s Changing New York project with the techniques and styles identical camera, at the same time of day techniques and styles and year, showing the city\\'s evolution over 65 techniques and styles years.
- Friends Of Vast Industrial Concrete Kafkaesque Structures - Photo journal of industrial structures in the Los documentary Angeles area photo essays with commentary and observations. By Greg documentary Ercolano.
- Morning Light Photography - Seasonal and scenic photographs from the Rocky Mountain documentary National Park techniques and styles in Colorado.
- Ashfactories - Fire as a cleansing agent and as society\\'s documentary post-industrial solution to the problem of death. By documentary Juraj Lipscher.
- Iceledo - This site contains photos of a small area documentary of the photo essays Arkansas Ozarks called Iceledo. These are documentary seasonal photos of streams photo essays and woodlands taken during documentary the late 1970's by Willie Weeks.
- Slices of America - Taylor Lasseigne\\'s album of photos from around the U.S. and Canada.
- Still Training - Seamus Murphy\\'s award-winning story on war torn Sierra documentary Leone\'s Olympic hopefuls.
- Tibetans - An exhibition on Tibet by John Trewin.
- Hope Revisited - Ten years ago, Hope, a small Kansas country photo essays town was struggling to preserve its way of photo essays life. A look back since then. Story by photo essays Nancy Mays, photos by Keith Mays.
- Kurdistan photographs - Features photographs of Kurdistan (Turkey) people, landscape and history by Zbigniew Kosc.
- SKL Photography - A web photo diary showing Hong Kong, China from the photographer's point of view.
- Akbar Nazemi - Purchasing information for photos and images of Iran documentary Revolution.
- Soundings - An exploration of the meaning of music through documentary stories about musicians in the State of Missouri documentary since 1997. By Ingrid Young.
- Terra: Brazil's Landless Movement - Sebastiao Salgado\\'s essay on the life, times and photo essays political documentary mobilization of Brazil\\'s landless peasants. [Free registration photo essays at New documentary York Times]
- St.Helier, Jersey - A photo guide to St.Helier,Jersey documenting its history photo essays and its relationship with New Jersey.
- Women They Left Behind - A photo essay on women survivors of the photo essays Vietnam techniques and styles War, these are mothers, wives, daughters and photo essays sister of techniques and styles those killed in the Vietnam War.
- As Long As We Both Shall Live - An ongoing essay depicting long-married couples in America. By Robert Fass.
- Schifanoia - By K.N. Chaudhuri, historian, writer, and artist who techniques and styles specialises in historical sites and presents through photo-texts techniques and styles and images a distinctive interpretation of landscape.
- Construction of the Gotthard tunnel, Switzerland - Panoramic reportage of the Gotthard tunnel building sites photo essays in techniques and styles Zurich and Sedrun (Switzerland). By Mark-Steffen Göwecke.
- Sands Hotel - Pictures and photo essay of the last day the historic Las Vegas Sands Hotel and Casino.
- The Lost Border, Photographs of the Iron Curtain - By Brian Rose, documenting the landscape of the documentary Iron Curtain and the Berlin Wall in 1985; documentary the dismantling of the Wall at the end documentary of 1989; and the subsequent changes in the documentary border zone, particularly at Potsdamer Platz.
- Town Meeting: Democracy By The People - In-depth story, accompanied by over twenty photos, about photo essays the documentary town meeting form of government.
- Streets of Osaka 1996-97 - A personal view of the street life in techniques and styles documentary this city.
- American Pictures - By Jacob Holdt, who hitchhiked more than 100,000 miles throughout the USA in 5 years. A multi-media show since 1976, it has been a focus for the international media as well as human rights and anti-apartheid groups.
- American Families: Beyond the White Picket Fence - By Courteney Coolidge, exploring the lives of ten families across the United States at the dawn of the new millennium.
- Havana Mia - Black and white photo essay presenting Alexis Rodriguez-Duarte\\'s techniques and styles personal perspective on Havana, Cuba.
- 2 Nashville - 49 photos by Jerry Hall documenting Nashville\\'s eccentric photo essays southern techniques and styles nature since 1997.
- Trent Parke - Black and white images of Sydney\\'s seafront by Trent Parke documentary of Magnum.
- American Skin - Nation united under a freak flag issue: American strippers, 19-year-olds\\' techniques and styles world of sex for sale, Alabama drag queens, motel life techniques and styles and a personal journal by Tyler Ondine Whitman.
- AfghanPix.com - Detailed photo essay covering the civil war and the daily techniques and styles life of Afghans, by Alexander Merkushev.
- Lake Street, USA - Six miles of photography by Wing Young Huie, photo essays shown on store fronts, bus-stops and as murals photo essays along Lake Street, Minneapolis.
- Monks, Fran - Photos of 'Miscellaneous Heroes'.
- The Photo Documentary Press - Black and white photo essays and documentary work techniques and styles techniques and styles with passion. Specializing in editorial assignments, portraits, weddings, techniques and styles techniques and styles and fine art books.
- The New Americans - Exploring Watsonville, (strawberry capital of the world, one of dozens of migrant Meccas in California) from the migrant perspective. Story by Ruben Martinez, photography by Joseph Rodriguez.
- Looking for the Light - The last decade of the AIDS crisis photographed documentary by well-known New York photographer Scott Thode. Co-published documentary with the New York Times.
- Fast Forward - By Lauren Greenfield. A photographer\\'s penetrating look at youths growing photo essays up on both sides of the tracks in the shadow photo essays of Hollywood - also a book.
- Modern Ruins - Discover the roots of our place in history, documentary through an techniques and styles archaeology of our culture. By Shaun documentary O'Boyle.
- The Call Centre - A documentary on the people and work at techniques and styles a particular call centre, by Jonh Perkins.
- The Boys of Ramallah - Jean Garup follows a group of Palestinian kids photo essays from documentary school to stone-throwing to home.
- Samuel's Spina Bifida Surgery In Utero - Miraculous photograph of a twenty-one week old fetus photo essays reaching documentary out of his mother\\'s womb to grasp photo essays the hand documentary of his surgeon.
- Faces of Iran - "Faces of Iran: from the kingdom of Persepolis techniques and styles to a state of Islam" is a photo techniques and styles essay on today\\'s Iran by the Documentary photographer techniques and styles Bikem Ekberzade.
- World War II - The Photos Tell - Images from World War II\\'s Holocaust and the history behind techniques and styles several well-known images. By Louis Bülow.
- Afghanistan - Chris Steele Perkins\\'s pictures from Afghanistan in the 1990s, also techniques and styles published as a book and touring exhibition.
- Shattered 9/12/2001 - Photographs of the WTC attack aftermath by award-winning photo essays photojournalist photo essays James Nachtwey.
- Hutong Photography - A portfolio of photographs of Beijing\\'s hutongs by documentary the photographer Iain Masterton
- PhotogJoe's - Non-fiction about urban life and international travel by documentary a professional photographer cum community activist.
- Evaporated Milk - A photo essay and story with over thirty documentary photos about techniques and styles the declining number of family dairy documentary farmers in Northern New techniques and styles England.
- Gary Walts: Photographs of my Father - A photo story documenting the years leading up photo essays to his father's suicide. [Requires Shockwave]
- Stories from the Old South - A collection of photographs from the three southern techniques and styles states, by documentary photographer Bikem Ekberzade.
- Around the World in a Viewfinder - A selection of photo essays by Jean-Philippe Soule photo essays to present various Native Cultures.
- Soviets - Shepard Sherbell - Major project on the end of the Soviet techniques and styles era, from religion to work to punishment
- Farwell to Bosnia - By Gilles Peress, a member of Magnum Photos. documentary Black and photo essays white images taken over a 4-month documentary period in 1993, now photo essays a book as well documentary as a traveling exhibition.
- Berlin Mitte: Explorations of an Urban Conversion - Photography by Ulrich Wuest looking at the transformation photo essays of techniques and styles East Berlin after the fall of communism
- Last Call: Faces of Alcoholism - A portrait of alcoholism by photographer Mark Peterson, photo essays featuring techniques and styles residents of the Queens nursing home in photo essays Minneapolis. [requires techniques and styles Shockwave]
- Athos - Photography by Zbigniew Kosc of monasteries and monks of Mount photo essays Athos, Greece.
- Holding Ground under Water - On China\\'s Three Gorges Dam and its effects on the environment and people of the Yangtze River Basin. By Ben Sandler.
- In Transit - Interviews and photographs of people on buses in photo essays San Francisco. By Clarke Robinson.
MySQL - Cache Direct