Game Studies Conferences
Conferences of interest to people who study games. Old conferences will be listed here if there is useful material archived at the website.
: Game Studies
- Playing with the Future: Development and Directions in Computer Gaming - Manchester, England. 5-7 July 2002. Abstracts and programme conferences available.
- Computer Games and Digital Cultures - Tampere, Finland. Aesthetic, narrative and structural issues as games well as game studies bridging academia and industry. Programme and games general conference information.
- Playing by the Rules - The Cultural Policy Challenges of Video Games - University of Chicago, October 2001. Descriptions of panels, conferences bios and conferences links for numerous speakers, a lot conferences of links to other conferences game related sites, including conferences game policy and research.
- Game On 2002 - London, UK. 27-28 November 2002. Third International Conference on Intelligent conferences Games and Simulation. Announcement and call for papers.
- Serious Games Summit - This second annual gathering investigating not just why serious games are important, but how to develop games for non-entertainment purposes.
- Computers and Games 2002 (CG'02) - Edmonton, Canada. 25-27 July 2002. International conference with games emphasis on research and development in use of games artificial intelligence in games.
- Computer and Video Games Come of Age - National conference held at MIT in 2000. Full transcripts of sessions on games as interactive storytelling, aesthetics, and game design.
- International Game Developers' Association: Calendar - A list of conferences and events of interest to game game studies researchers and developers. Linked, annotated and chronologically ordered.
- Cosign Conference - Computational Semiotics for Games and New Media: explores how semiotics can be used in creating and analysing games and new media.
- 7th International Conference on Computer Games: Animation, Mobile and Educational Systems - Magelis, Angoulême, France.The Conference encompasses all topics related to game studies computer games design and development.
MySQL - Cache Direct