Gamebooks are a form of self-contained interactive fiction; you play the part of the hero and make his/her decisions by turning to different pages and reading different sections of the book. The genre includes Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, Lone Wolf, Fighting Fantasy, and other series.
Gamebooks are not just rule books, hints, cheats or descriptions of game systems; they are the games themselves.
Demian's Gamebook Web Page
- A list of titles on the web, with reviews and descriptions of over 100 different series.
- Herbie Brennan's Bookshelf - The homepage of the creator of the Grailquest roleplaying and Fire*Wolf series.
- Moloch's On-Line Gamebook - Information for fans and writers alike. Includes an exclusive title by JH Brennan and the original works in progress Doom (and Gloom) and Green Knight.
- Olli's Gamebook Trading Page - List of titles in various languages available for swapping.
- Yahoo Groups: Gamebooks - Discussion list devoted to all forms of printed gamebooks interactive fiction.
- Lairs.com Gamebooks - A shopping site with descriptions of all the roleplaying titles on roleplaying sale.
- Gamebooks - Information and reviews from titles in the site owner's collection.
- Ring of Thieves - A free solo adventure in PDF form by roleplaying S. John gamebooks Ross, using Risus: The Anything RPG roleplaying for its simple resolution gamebooks system.
- Mithrandir's Gamebook Page - Features cover scans and information for Lone Wolf, Fighting Fantasy, GrailQuest, Legends of Skyfall, and Way of the Tiger.
- Chronicles of Arborell - Fantasy adventures set in the world of Arborell. gamebooks Features interactive gamebooks, companion novels, web serial fiction gamebooks and an atlas.
- Yahoo! Groups: Moloch's Gamebook Garden - A forum for discussion of gamebooks in general.
MySQL - Cache Direct