France Castles Fortifications Building Types
French medieval castle converted into a grand country house in the 17th century, but retaining its keep and moat. Includes history, description and interior and exterior photographs.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications: Castles: France
- Château de Saint-Loup - French medieval castle converted into a grand country house in castles the 17th century, but retaining its keep and moat. castles Includes history, description and interior and exterior photographs.
- Chateau de Culan - Medieval Castle in the center of France.
- Cathar Castles in the Languedoc - Explains which castles in the region were genuine france Cathar strongholds and which, though claimed to be, france were actually castles built by the French after france the Crusade, and used to defend their new france border with Aragon.
- Ranton Castle - Web-France International offers a history, photographs and description of this fortifications 14th-century castle in the Loire Valley. French language version available.
- Château de Landreville - Castle in the Champagne-Ardenne built in the 12th century and rebuilt in the 16th century, it retains its moat and is a rare example of the pre-Renaissance French castle.
- Castle of the Dukes of Brittany - Official website of Nantes\\' Castle and its museum. castles Practical information, program of cultural events and temporary castles exhibitions.
- Tennessus Castle, France - Photographs and popular history of this 14th-century moated castles castle in Poitou Charentes.
- Castle of Langoiran - This medieval castle near Bordeaux has been restored castles and forms france the backdrop to re-enactment events, castles as well as offering france accommodation. Includes photographs castles and location map.
- Loire Valley Castles, France - Royal castles photo gallery by Georges d'Alba.
MySQL - Cache Direct