Medieval Hospitals and Asylums Building Types Architecture
An illustrated description from Your Way to Florence of the gallery set in the early 15th-century orphanage designed by Filippo Brunelleschi.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Hospitals and Asylums: Medieval
- The Gallery of the Hospital of the Innocents - An illustrated description from Your Way to Florence hospitals and asylums of the gallery set in the early 15th-century hospitals and asylums orphanage designed by Filippo Brunelleschi.
- Soutra Aisle - Brief mention of the excavation of a 14th-century building types Augustinian hospital in Scotland, with a photograph of building types a related standing building.
- Medieval Hospitals of Kent - Ian Coulson introduces the topic, gives a list building types of medieval early hospitals and almshouses in the county, building types with foundation medieval dates, and a plan and reconstruction building types drawing of St medieval John\'s Hospital, Canterbury, the oldest building types hospital in England.
- Medieval Hospitals of Oxfordshire - Margaret Markham gives a history and description: medieval endowments, diagnosis hospitals and asylums and treatment, internal life, dedications, buildings medieval and locations. Includes foundation hospitals and asylums dates and brief details medieval of individual hospitals.[PDF]
- Wikipedia: English Medieval Hospitals and Almshouses - The collaborative encyclopedia offers several articles on individual building types hospitals building types or almshouses founded in England in medieval building types times.
- The Hospital of St John the Baptist Bridgwater - An illustrated history by Peter Cattermole of this building types medieval building types hospital closed in 1536.
- Eastbridge Hospital, Canterbury - The official site gives an illustrated introduction to hospitals and asylums the medieval Hospital of St. Thomas the Martyr, hospitals and asylums and Greyfriars Chapel, the only surviving part of hospitals and asylums a Franciscan friary. Includes visitor information.
- MuslimHeritage.com: The Modern Hospital in Medieval Islam - A brief, illustrated article on the Islamic medieval hospital, building types taken from a longer scholarly article by Prof. Aydin Sayili building types which is also available in PDF format.
- The Maison Dieu, Dover - Dover Museum provides a history of the hospice building types founded in 1203 by Hubert de Burgh, and building types used as the town hall from 1834 building types to 1881.
- The History of St Bartholomew's Hospital - An illustrated history from the official site of hospitals and asylums medieval the hospital founded in 1123 which went on hospitals and asylums medieval to become one of London's leading teaching hospitals.
- Wikipedia: Ospedale degli Innocenti - An illustrated article from the collaborative encyclopedia on the \\'Hospital of the Innocents\\', a children\\'s orphanage in Florence designed by Filippo Brunelleschi in 1419.
- Heritage of Mercy - Jean Manco explains the development of medieval hospitals and almshouses building types in Britain. Article first published in Medieval History.
- Maison Dieu, Faversham - A monastic hospital founded by Henry III about hospitals and asylums building types A.D. 1230 and now a museum. The official hospitals and asylums building types town guide provides a history, images and visitor hospitals and asylums building types information.
- St John's Hospital, Bruges - A history and photographs of this large medieval medieval hospital, now medieval a museum, from Belgium Travel Network.
- Hospices Civils de Beaune - The official site describes the history and organisation of this building types French hospital founded in 1443 by the Chancellor Nicolas Rolin. building types The older buildings are open to the public.
- Innocenti Hospital - Gloria Chiarini describes the Ospedale degli Innocenti in building types Florence, hospitals and asylums founded in 1419 for orphans and abandoned building types children, and hospitals and asylums designed by Filippo Brunelleschi. Part of building types The Florence Art hospitals and asylums Guide.
MySQL - Cache Direct