United Kingdom Neo-Classical Country Houses
This stately home was designed by John Carr for Edwin Lascelles and built between 1759 and 1771. The official site provides a tour with history and visitor information.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Houses: Country: Neo-Classical: United Kingdom
- Leighton Hall, Lancashire - The stately home of the Gillow furniture making neo-classical family, Leighton Hall was rebuilt in the Adam neo-classical style in 1763. The official site gives an neo-classical illustrated history and visitor information.
- Berrington Hall - This elegant Georgian house designed by Henry Holland is set in parkland designed by "Capability" Brown. The National Trust gives its history, photographs and visitor information.
- Buscot Park - Mansion built between 1779 and 1783 for Edward united kingdom Loveden Loveden to designs by James Darley. The united kingdom National Trust gives a history, details of the united kingdom Faringdon art collection, and visitor information.
- Basildon Park - The National Trust describes this Palladian house designed by John neo-classical Carr for Sir Francis Sykes, who had made a fortune neo-classical in India. Includes history, photographs and visitor information.
- Osterley Park - A National Trust property in West London, with a house designed by Robert Adam for the Child banking family in the neo-classical style. Includes history, a biography of Adam and visitor information.
- Harewood House - This stately home was designed by John Carr neo-classical for Edwin neo-classical Lascelles and built between 1759 and neo-classical 1771. The official site neo-classical provides a tour with neo-classical history and visitor information.
- Althorp - The slick official site of the Spencer family neo-classical ancestral home and garden, where Diana, Princess of neo-classical Wales was buried. Includes an illustrated history and neo-classical description of this Elizabethan house remodelled along Classical neo-classical lines.
- Wimpole - The National Trust introduces largest country house in Cambridgeshire, built united kingdom mainly in the 18th century. Includes a brief history and united kingdom images of the exterior and interior, and visitor information.
- Nostell Priory - The National Trust presents this stately home in united kingdom Yorkshire famous for its magnificent plasterwork interiors by united kingdom Robert Adam and James Paine.
- Polesden Lacey - The National Trust describes this house in Surrey united kingdom rebuilt in the late Georgian period. History, photographs, united kingdom facilities, opening times, news and events.
- Kings Weston House - Edward Southwell, MP and Secretary for State for Ireland, had united kingdom this fine house built c.1710-19 to designs by Sir John united kingdom Vanbrugh. Includes a history and virtual tour with 360-degree panoramas.
- Ickworth House - The National Trust presents this grandiose house in united kingdom Suffolk united kingdom dominated by a massive rotunda designed for united kingdom the Earl united kingdom of Bristol and Bishop of Derry united kingdom in 1794-5 by united kingdom Mario Asprucci the Younger and united kingdom Francis Sandys.
- Paxton House - Scottish Palladian mansion built in 1758 by John neo-classical and James Adam. A few photographs, map and neo-classical visitor information, educational options, events, exhibitions, details of neo-classical the collections and family history.
- Clandon Park - The National Trust describes the house built c.1731 country for the united kingdom 2nd Lord Onslow by the Venetian country architect, Giacomo Leoni, famed united kingdom for its two-storied Marble country Hall. Includes history, photographs and visitor united kingdom information. In country the garden is The Maori House originall
- Hatch Court - A Palladian mansion in Hatch Beauchamp, Somerset, built united kingdom of country Bath stone in 1750. Photographs, description, history united kingdom and visitor country information.
- Duff House - This grand mansion in Scotland was commissioned in united kingdom 1735 united kingdom by William Duff, Lord Braco, from William united kingdom Adam and united kingdom is now a country house gallery. united kingdom Provides a history united kingdom with images including Adam's plan.
- Rossdhu House - Electronic version of an illustrated guidebook to the country stately Georgian former home of the Chiefs of country the Clan Colquhoun near Luss in Scotland, now country a golf club house. Hosted by Edward MacKinnon.
- Hopetoun House - A grand Georgian house in Scotland designed by country Sir William country Bruce and William Adam. Includes history country and image gallery.
- Hatchlands Park - The National Trust describes this house built in 1750 for neo-classical Admiral Boscawen, with splendid interiors by Robert Adam, set in neo-classical a park designed by Repton. History, images and visitor information.
- Holkham Hall and Estate - The official site of this grand Palladian mansion united kingdom in Norfolk designed by William Kent for Thomas united kingdom Coke, 1st Earl of Leicester. History, and images united kingdom and descriptions of state rooms.
- Tatton Park - This late Georgian mansion in Cheshire was designed neo-classical by Samuel neo-classical Wyatt for William Egerton. Includes history, neo-classical photographs, events, and education.
MySQL - Cache Direct