United Kingdom Town Houses Building Types
Fine example of an eighteenth-century aristocratic private palace in London, overlooking Green Park. Includes history, online tour via sensitive plan or list, and visitor information.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Houses: Town: United Kingdom
- The Mackintosh House - A QuickTime virtual reality tour of the house town of architect houses and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868-1928), town with its original contents houses restored. Visitor information.
- The Georgian House, Bristol - Built by John Pinney, a Bristol sugar merchant houses who owned town land and slaves in the Caribbean. houses Interior restored to the town way it would have houses looked in his time. Photos, brief town history and houses visitor information from owner Bristol City Council.
- Marlipins - An unusual medieval building at Shoreham, with a chequer board united kingdom façade. The Sussex Archaeological Society provide visitor information, photographs, excavation united kingdom details, dating and references.
- Rockville: A Scottish Pagoda - Illustrated description by J.K. Gillon of the now-demolished town Victorian extravaganza town built in Edinburgh in 1858 by town architect Sir James Gowans town as his own home.
- St Mary's Lodge, London - History, photographs, plans and current status of this grand early united kingdom Victorian house in Stoke Newington, London N16, designed and constructed united kingdom by the architect John Young for himself.
- Moyses Hall Museum, Bury St Edmunds - Rare example of Norman domestic architecture, now used houses as united kingdom a museum of local history. History houses and architecture of united kingdom the building; archaeology and houses local history collections.
- Henley-in-Arden Heritage Centre, Warwickshire - A part-14th-century house with crown post has become town a heritage centre, displaying aspects of the past town life of the town. History of Henley\'s market town cross, visitor information.
- Spencer House - Fine example of an eighteenth-century aristocratic private palace in London, overlooking Green Park. Includes history, online tour via sensitive plan or list, and visitor information.
- Red House, Bexley - Seminal Arts and Crafts house designed by Philip houses Webb for town William Morris. The Friends of the houses Red House supply photographs town and brief history.
MySQL - Cache Direct