Inns and Public Houses Building Types Architecture
An article from the Regency Collection describing the plan and function of inns catering to horse-drawn travelers, illustrated with historic engravings.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Inns and Public Houses
- The Mission Inn - This National Historic Landmark Hotel in Riverside, California architecture is an astonishing assemblage of exotic architecture. Includes architecture a history and virtual tour.
- Coaching Inns - An article from the Regency Collection describing the inns and public building types houses plan and function of inns catering to horse-drawn inns and building types public houses travelers, illustrated with historic engravings.
- Great Bath Pub Crawl - Kirsten Elliott and other local guides offer a tour in inns and public houses the unsteady footsteps of the city\\'s drinkers from past centuries inns and public houses to the present day. Includes photographs and brief histories of inns and public houses pubs in Bath and district.
- Pub Heritage: Historic Pub Interiors - The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) provides a database of historic pub interiors in the United Kingdom: images and descriptions. There is also an introduction to types of heritage pubs and a list of architectural terms.
- Pub History - Simon Fowler explains how to research the history building types of building types a public house. Includes a bibliography and building types a checklist building types of clues from the physical structure.
- Phipps Northampton Brewing Brewery Co Archive - Provides a timeline of the brewery and old inns and public architecture houses photographs of related pubs and off-licenses.
- New Inn Gloucester - Originally built as a pilgrims\\' inn to house visitors to architecture the shrine of King Edward II in Gloucester Cathedral, and architecture rebuilt in 1455, one of the few medieval galleried inns architecture existing today. Includes history, description of the facilities, and events architecture hosted.
- Inns and Taverns of Old London - Online version of this illustrated book by Henry inns and public houses C. Shelley published in 1909.
- Essexpubs - The late Ian Hunter\\'s database containing photographs and extracts from old trade directories, continued by his friends.
- The Feuars Arms - This Victorian public house describes its original interior. Profile, history, menus and gallery.
- Last Orders Please - Richard Hayton\\'s guide to the lost hotels, taverns building types and architecture beer-houses that once served Hull\\'s old town, building types originally published architecture by the Local History Unit.
- The Mermaid Inn - Built in 1420 as the principal inn of Rye, on building types the south coast of England, the Mermaid is a jettied building types timber structure. Includes brief history and images.
- Pub History Society - Encourages research into the public house. Aims, activities, bibliography, library building types and useful links for those researching the history of a building types pub. Noticeboard for queries.
- Reynolds Tavern - This Georgian tavern in Annapolis, Maryland, is one architecture of the building types oldest in the United States and architecture has been restored to building types its former use. Includes architecture history, description and photographs.
- The London Public House - Lists data from census returns and trade directories inns and public architecture houses on thousands of pubs, beer houses, taverns and inns and architecture public houses hotels in London, Essex, Kent and Suffolk over inns architecture and public houses the last 200 years. It includes a few architecture inns and public houses images.
- The Bull Inn - Canterbury Archaeological Trust describes this impressive 15th-century inn inns and public building types houses built to accommodate pilgrims. Illustrations include a reconstructed inns and building types public houses perspective view of how it looked originally.
- Gloucestershire Pubs - Geoff Sandles lists all public houses in the building types county, past and present, with supplementary information on building types breweries and landlords and old images.
- Hidden London: The George, Southwark. - Illustrated description and history of London\\'s only remaining architecture galleried coaching architecture inn, now owned by the National architecture Trust, but leased to architecture Whitbread and still in architecture use as a pub.
- Inns and Taverns of Warwickshire - Data from F. White and Co.\\'s Warwickshire Directory building types of building types 1874.
- Ye Olde Bulls Head Inn, Beaumaris, Isle of Anglesey - This historic coaching inn, re-built in 1617 and inns and public houses much altered since, retains historic features. Includes history inns and public houses by Tomos Roberts and photographs.
- Bristol's Lost Pubs - A record of pubs and publicans from the architecture mid-18th to the mid-20th century, gleaned from local architecture trade directories and census returns. Includes a selection architecture of old photographs.
- 1881 Pubs - A database of English pubs taken from the inns and public building types houses 1881 census.
- Brewery History Society - Offers information about the society, including its events building types diary building types and reports on meetings. Lists the contents building types of its building types journal.
MySQL - Cache Direct