Libraries Building Types Architecture
History, architecture and use of over 100 libraries constructed between 1902 and 1921 from funding by Andrew Carnegie. Search by city, region, architectural style, or name of architect.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Libraries
- McLennan Library Building - A seven-storey reinforced concrete structure built in 1969 architecture at the McGill campus in Montreal and designed architecture by Dobush, Stewart, and Bourke. Description and photographs.
- Carnegie Libraries of Scotland - An illustrated guide by Gerry Blaikie to the architecture architecture and libraries history of libraries funded by Andrew architecture Carnegie in Scotland.
- Designing Libraries - Library Buildings Online - A database of descriptions and images of recent UK public building types library building projects. A resource for sharing expertise and experience building types on library planning and design.
- New York Public Library - The history of the library designed by architects libraries Carrère and architecture Hastings, and completed in 1911. The libraries design is based on architecture the innovative ideas of libraries its director, Dr. John Shaw Billings.
- University of Cambridge History Faculty Library - Subject of a limited competition won by architect architecture James Stirling, the library building was completed in architecture 1968 and awarded an RIBA Gold medal. Photographs architecture and brief description.
- Carnegie Libraries of California - History, architecture and use of over 100 libraries constructed between architecture 1902 and 1921 from funding by Andrew Carnegie. Search by architecture city, region, architectural style, or name of architect.
- South Christchurch Library - An environmentally friendly building opened in 2003 and winner of architecture a supreme award for architecture at the NZIA awards. Designed architecture by Architecture Warren and Mahoney. Links to photographs and further architecture information about the building.
- Glasgow University Library - An illustrated timeline of one of the largest libraries in the United Kingdom, with its origins in the Middle Ages, but now housed in a building of the 1960s.
- The State Library of Victoria - A four-part detailed history of the origins and libraries evolution of Australia's first free public Library.
- Tales from the Book Room: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Country House Libraries and their Books - Conference paper by Susie West on the absence libraries of contextual libraries information in the historiography of private libraries libraries.[PDF]
- The State Library of Victoria Redevelopment Project - Describes the Domed Reading Room, a massive eight-sided polygon built architecture in 1909, and the current renovation and construction project involving architecture 22 buildings.
- Wikipedia: Danish Royal Library - An illustrated description with a link to a architecture Wikimedia Commons thumbnail gallery of images of the architecture new (1999) \\'Black Diamond\\' library extension building designed architecture by the Danish architects Schmidt, Hammer and Lassen.
- Minneapolis Public Library - A factsheet on the Sumner Community Library, a Carnegie Library libraries in the Tudor Revival style, which first opened in 1915 libraries and was restored and expanded in 2004.
- Pasadena Public Library - A brief history from its founding in 1882, building types with illustrations and links to further details. The building types 1924 buildings designed by Myron Hunt and H.C.Chambers building types were restored and renovated between 1984 and 1990.
- Bodleian Library - Oxford University\\'s page about its main research library, one of the oldest in Europe and which today consists of the buildings on the central site and nine other libraries.
- Great Buildings Online: Libraries - Photographs, dates and discussions of a selection of architecture the world\\'s architecture most outstanding library buildings from ancient architecture to modern, with references.
- The Howe Library, Hannover, New Hampshire - The story of the library founded in 1900 building types by Emily Howe, with history and future plans.
- Alvar Aalto Viipuri Library - Also referred to as Vyborg Library, Viipuri Library architecture was designed by Alvar Aalto and completed in architecture 1935. It is considered to be a masterpiece architecture of International Modernism. Description, photographs and details of architecture its restoration.
- Wikipedia: Bibliotheca Alexandrina - This huge modern library in Egypt designed by Norwegian architects libraries Snøhetta, commemorates the famous ancient Library of Alexandria. An illustrated libraries description from the collaborative online encyclopedia.
- The Forum, Norwich - The architecture and construction of The Forum library building types in libraries Norwich, designed by Hopkins Architects and completed building types in October libraries 2001 on the site of the building types former Central Library libraries which was destroyed by fire building types in 1994.
- Private Libraries in Ancient Rome - An essay by Jerry Fielden in 2001.
- Seattle Public Library - Arcspace\\'s page about the innovative design for the new Central building types Library by architect Rem Koolhass, with brief description and photographs.
- Wikipedia: Biblioteca Joanina - The Baroque library of the University of Coimbra, built in building types the 18th century. An illustrated description from the collaborative online building types encyclopedia.
- The Sterling Memorial Library - Contemporary description and photographs from the April 1931 issue of architecture the Yale Library Gazette.
- The George Peabody Library, Baltimore, Maryland - The history of the library, widely recognized as architecture one of the most beautiful library spaces in architecture North America. Includes a link to a small architecture photo gallery.
MySQL - Cache Direct