United Kingdom Watermills Mills Building Types
Aims to restore the water wheel and corn mill in the village of Leighton, Shropshire, which has a history back to 1086. It powered a blast furnace from 1600 to 1763. Includes history and diagrams of the technology.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Mills: Watermills: United Kingdom
- The Papertrail - An activity-based industrial exploration centre built around Frogmore united kingdom Mill watermills in Hemel Hempstead, which has been making united kingdom paper ever watermills since it became the world’s first united kingdom commercial mechanised paper watermills mill in 1803.
- Ford End Watermill - A comprehensive guide along with photographs to Buckinghamshire\\'s only working watermill with original machinery.
- Lyme Regis Town Mill - This ancient watermill, operated by The Town Mill watermills Trust, was united kingdom restored in 2001. It includes a watermills working grist mill, art united kingdom galleries and craft studios. watermills Description, illustrated history and visitor information.
- Leighton Heritage Group - Aims to restore the water wheel and corn mill in the village of Leighton, Shropshire, which has a history back to 1086. It powered a blast furnace from 1600 to 1763. Includes history and diagrams of the technology.
- Charlecote Mill - Description and history of this 18th-century Warwickshire watermill watermills restored from 1978, but now under threat from watermills proposed changes to the Avon. Includes visitor information watermills and products.
- Gleaston Water Mill - This water-powered corn mill in Cumbria had its last major rebuild in the 1770s. Provides a history, plan of the site and information on local attractions.
- White Mill - A retired 18th-century watermill, part of the National united kingdom Trust\\'s united kingdom Kingston Lacy estate near Wimborne, in Dorset. united kingdom Includes united kingdom an illustrated history and online tour united kingdom of the mill, united kingdom visitor information and bibliography.
- Redbournbury Mill - The history of this restored watermill in Hertfordshire, united kingdom along with photographs and an explanation of how united kingdom it works.
- Crabble Corn Mill, Dover - History of this working mill built in 1812. Visitor information united kingdom including an overview, schools, hospitality and events.
- Little Salkeld Watermill, Cumbria - The business site provides photographs and history of united kingdom this 19th-century working mill.
- Houghton Mill, Cambridgeshire - This watermill on a tributary of the River Ouse in Cambridgeshire is now owned by the National Trust, which explains its history and gives visitor information.
MySQL - Cache Direct