United Kingdom Windmills Mills Building Types
A smock windmill near Cambridge built in 1808. Stopped working in 1937 and now being restored. The Fulbourn Windmill Society supply history, photographs, restoration log and calendar.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Mills: Windmills: United Kingdom
- Jack and Jill Windmills Society - Restored traditional corn windmill in Clayton, West Sussex. united kingdom Includes history, virtual tour, photographs, events, membership details, united kingdom opening times, directions and map.
- English Windmills - Sandra Wittman provides a history, description of types mills and operation, windmills bibliography, photographs.
- Windmills in Essex - Essex County Council describes and illustrates the types mills of mill and their history in the county. mills Also covers mill preservation and restoration.[PDF]
- Lincolnshire Windmills - Lincolnshire County Council hosts photographs by Peter Kirk, location maps, and extracts from Peter Dolman, "Lincolnshire Windmills: A contemporary survey" (1986), organised by district.
- Findon Windmill, West Sussex - Illustrated history of this 1823 post-mill by Valerie Martin, using united kingdom primary sources. Part of Findon Village Antiquities.
- Trader Windmill, Sibsey, Lincolnshire - This rare six-sailed working mill, built in 1877, united kingdom is united kingdom open to the public. History, photographs and united kingdom visitor information, united kingdom with link to location map.
- Friends of Bocking Windmill - An association which cares for this Essex postmill dating from windmills 1721 and aims to develop the mill as a museum. windmills Aims, photograph and details of open days.
- Windmills and How They Work - John Vince describes the development, structure and working of the united kingdom principal types of windmill to be found in the British united kingdom Isles.
- Wheatley Windmill - A comprehensive site for Wheatley Windmill, near Oxford. windmills Includes history, photo gallery, virtual tour, how to windmills visit, and a huge restoration section with plenty windmills more photos.
- Fulbourn Windmill - A smock windmill near Cambridge built in 1808. Stopped working in 1937 and now being restored. The Fulbourn Windmill Society supply history, photographs, restoration log and calendar.
MySQL - Cache Direct