United Kingdom Cathedrals Churches History
The official site provides a history of the building designed by George Gilbert Scott, with a special section on Gwyneth Leech's murals.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Cathedrals: United Kingdom
Cathedrals of Britain - The Pilgrims Association provides a guide to churches, cathedrals and abbeys in the UK and Ireland. Each has a page with history, pictures and visitor information.
- Aberdeen, St Andrew's Cathedral - Opened in 1817, the cathedral of the Scottish Episcopal Church cathedrals was the first of many buildings in the city designed cathedrals by Archibald Simpson.
- The Metropolitan Cathedral of Liverpool (RC) - The official site give a history of this remarkable Modernist cathedrals building completed in 1967. Designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd, the cathedrals circular plan and spiked elevation is intended to evoke Christ\\'s cathedrals crown of thorns.
- St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral, Glasgow - The official site provides a history of the churches building designed united kingdom by George Gilbert Scott, with a churches special section on Gwyneth united kingdom Leech's murals.
- St Paul's Cathedral, London - The official site of the magnificent Baroque church designed united kingdom by Sir Christopher Wren in 1673. It has an illustrated united kingdom chronology and 360-degree panoramas that require QuickTime VR.
- Coventry Cathedral, Death and Resurrection - A series of pages from Know Britain exploring the symbolism of the ruined medieval cathedral, and the contrast of the modern cathedral.
- Belfast, St Anne's Cathedral - The official site includes an illustrated history and united kingdom virtual tour of this Church of Ireland cathedral united kingdom begun in 1899 in the Hiberno-Romanesque style.
- Southwark, St George's Roman Catholic Cathedral - The official site includes images and brief history cathedrals of this cathedral designed by Pugin.
- Westminster Cathedral - The official site of the primary Catholic Cathedral churches in England churches and Wales includes a brief history churches and tour of the churches Byzantine-style building, designed by churches Victorian architect John Francis Bentley.
- Cathedrals in the East of England - Presents the history, architecture, art, treasures, and details churches of their churches amenities and facilities.
- Coventry Cathedral - Robert Orland\\'s illustrated history of the new cathedral united kingdom built to the design of Basil Spence after united kingdom the medieval cathedral was destroyed by bombing in united kingdom the second world war.
- Abbeys and Cathedrals of England and Wales - This Britannia guide has a brief introduction and list of churches cathedrals, organised by age and type, with photographs taken from churches M.J.Taber, "The Cathedrals of England" (1905).
- Edinburgh, St Giles' Cathedral - History from Napier University of the High Kirk of Edinburgh, Cathedral of the Church of Scotland.
- Liverpool Cathedral (Anglican) - Mersey World provides a photograph and brief details of the cathedrals largest Anglican cathedral. Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, it cathedrals is a 20th-century building in a traditional mould.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral, Armagh - Founded by St Patrick in 445 A.D. The churches official site offers a virtual tour, illustrated history churches and visitor information. Includes a list of past churches abbots, bishops and archbishops. The music section includes churches details of early organs.
- Edinburgh Cathedral (Roman Catholic) - Originally the Chapel of St Mary, built in churches 1814 to the designs of James Gillespie Graham, churches it became a cathedral in 1878. Brief history; churches interactive plan leads to photographs and details.
MySQL - Cache Direct