Dome of the Rock History Islamic Religious
A complex of Islamic buildings in Jerusalem is centered on this early mosque - the oldest Muslim building which has survived basically intact.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Islamic: History: Dome of the Rock
- Al-Aqsa Mosque - An on-line tour of the complex of Islamic architecture in Jerusalem centered on the Dome of the Rock, from Palestine Home of History by Esam Shashaa.
- The Noble Sanctuary - A guide to Al-Haram al-Sharif in Jerusalem - 35 acres history of fountains, gardens, buildings and domes. At its center is history the celebrated Dome of the Rock.
- Dome of the Rock - A concise, illustrated, description of the oldest Muslim building which history has survived intact, from the Jerusalem Mosaic web-site.
- The Dome of the Rock: the Atypical Mosque - Article by Alia F. Hasan from Suite101. Photographs, islamic history, influences islamic on the architecture.
- Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem, Israel - Photographs, commentary and bibliography from Great Buildings Online dome of the islamic rock on this Romano-Byzantine style mosque begun in 684.
MySQL - Cache Direct