History Jewish Religious Building Types
A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, preservation and documentation of Jewish historical monuments from around the world. Newsletter, monuments information by country.
Top: Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Jewish: History
- International Survey of Jewish Monuments - A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, preservation and documentation religious of Jewish historical monuments from around the world. Newsletter, monuments religious information by country.
- The Lost Synagogues of Detroit - Lowell Boileau\\'s collection of images of former synagogues history in a history wide variety of styles, many now history churches, and other Jewish history buildings, with histories and history recollections of them contributed by others.
- On the First Cambridge Synagogue - Fran and Arny Schutzberg give a detailed history of the jewish synagogue built in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1901 to the design jewish of Nathan Douglas, now a condominium. Historic drawings of Temple jewish Israel and Beth Israel.
- Bloom Southwest Jewish Archives: Synagogues - An online exhibit displaying the diverse architecture of religious synagogues in El Paso, Texas, New Mexico, religious Arizona, and Southern California.
- Frank Lloyd Wright: Beth Sholom Synagogue - J.H.Delmar provides photographs and Wright\\'s own perspective drawing jewish (1954) of history this unusual structure intended as a jewish "luminous Mount Sinai", together history with commentary and bibliography.
- Eastern European Synagogues - A gallery of photographs by Ron Anton Rocz.
- JewishEncyclopedia.com: Synagogue Architecture - Joseph Jacobs and A. W. Brunner discuss the origins, development history and stylistic influences of synagogue buildings from Hellenic times onwards, history with illustrations.
- Stadttempel Vienna - Beth Hatefutsoth online Museum of the Jewish People history provides a jewish photograph and history of this synagogue history built in 1824-1825 to jewish the Neo-Classical design of history Joseph Kornhäusl.
- Restoration of Saint Petersburg's Grand Choral Synagogue - Brenda Miller supplies a photograph and history of this 19th-century religious synagogue in the Moorish style, with a note that its religious restoration started in 1998.
- The Synagogue of Casale Monferrato (Italy) - An illustrated history of this ornate synagogue built in 1595 jewish from Italya.
- Kol Hakehila - The newsletter of the Jewish monuments of Greece, religious for the history study and preservation of the Jewish religious sites of Greece. Includes history a gazetteer of sites.
- Temple Emmanu-El, New York - An illustrated history by Gerard Fernandez of this religious Romanesque synagogue built 1927-9 and designed by Robert religious D. Kohn, Charles Butler, and Clarence Stein. Includes religious bibliography. Part of Medieval New York, by Fordham religious University.
- World Monuments Fund: Jewish Heritage Grant Program - Raises public awareness and support for endangered historic synagogues around religious the world. Includes a full list of projects, with photographs religious and details of selected synagogues.
- Beth Am Synagogue - The official site includes a history and photographs jewish of the jewish building, which was completed in 1921 jewish and designed by Baltimore jewish architect Joseph Evans Sperry jewish in a Byzantine-Moorish style.
- Center for Jewish Art, Hebrew University of Jerusalem - The institute explains its projects, including the documentation history of endangered jewish architecture. Index of Jewish Art, including history architecture of synagogues and jewish Jewish monuments, with computer history reconstructions. Events, newsletters, educational projects, faculty
- Preserving Jewish Heritage in Greece - An illustrated article by Elias V. Messinas in Archaeology on religious the history of Greek synagogues and the need to preserve religious these remnants of an ancient tradition.
- Etz-Hayyim Synagogue of Hania, Crete, Greece - The official site of this restored synagogue includes religious a history, jewish description and plan, together with an religious illustrated account of the jewish reconstruction.
- Synagogue Postcards - Online exhibition from the National Museum of American Jewish History, featuring 61 American synagogues from 30 different states, with notes on their history.
- Second Temple Synagogues - Donald D. Binder\\'s study of synagogues before the Jerusalem Temple\\'s destruction in 70 AD. Sites and monuments, ancient literary references, gallery, bibliography, FAQ.
MySQL - Cache Direct