Renaissance Periods and Styles History Architecture
The Italian Renaissance ('rinascimento' means rebirth) from c.1420 to the mid-16th century rediscovered and re-used the architectural standards and motifs of Ancient Rome. Gradually these ideas spread to other European countries, but often in a fragmentary or modified form until the later revival known as Neo-Classicism.
Top: Arts: Architecture: History: Periods and Styles: Renaissance
- Italian Renaissance Architecture - A collection of images from Art Serve at renaissance the Australian National University.
- Renaissance and Baroque Architecture - Collection of expandable images used in a course periods and styles history at the Department of Architectural History, University of periods and styles history Virginia, covering Italy, France and England.
- Loire Valley Castles, France - Photo gallery of Renaissance castles by Georges d\\'Alba: renaissance Azay le history Rideau, Chambord, Chenonceau, Cheverny, Villandry. Brief renaissance historical outline.
- Chateau of Chambord, France - Photograph, history and description of this palace in the Loire periods and styles Valley begun by Francis I in 1519 - an outstanding periods and styles example of French Renaissance architecture - from Castles of the periods and styles World.
- Renaissance Architecture - Images and information on Renaissance buildings and their periods and styles renaissance architects, provided by Great Buildings Online.
- Renaissance and Mannerist Architecture - Howard Partridge provides a gallery of his photographs history of 15th- periods and styles and 16th-century buildings in France, Denmark history and Italy, including works periods and styles of Palladio. Part of history the Cupola Collection.
- Wikipedia: Renaissance Architecture - An illustrated description of the architecture of the renaissance Renaissance.
MySQL - Cache Direct