Romanesque Periods and Styles History Architecture
Images and information on buildings in the round-arched style current in Europe from the 7th to 13th centuries and revived in the 19th century, provided by Great Buildings Online.
Top: Arts: Architecture: History: Periods and Styles: Romanesque
- The Architectural Heritage of the Normans - A gazetteer of Norman castles, abbeys, cathedrals and other churches romanesque in Normandy, the British Isles and Italy. Photographs, history and romanesque references for each can be found via clickable map or romanesque list. Part of a European Commission-backed project on the Normans
- Romanesque Architecture - Images and information on buildings in the round-arched romanesque style history current in Europe from the 7th romanesque to 13th centuries and history revived in the 19th romanesque century, provided by Great Buildings Online.
- The Romanesque Art in Saintonge - The Charentes bears a rich testimony to the religious art of the 11th and 12th centuries. Illustrated descriptions of a few notable buildings from Bernezac travel guide.
- Wikipedia: Romanesque Architecture - An illustrated description of the style and lengthy list of history surviving examples.
- The Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland - A searchable text and image database. A British Academy Research Project hosted by the Courtauld Institute of Art.
MySQL - Cache Direct