Asia Vernacular History Architecture
Daniel Abramson of the University of Washington introduces this historic Chinese city and its buildings. Includes city maps, photographs and a vocabulary of characteristic forms and elements.
Top: Arts: Architecture: History: Vernacular: Asia
- Clan Homes in Fujian - Jens Aaberg-Jorgensen\\'s illustrated article on these remarkable traditional vernacular dwellings in history China, originally published in Danish in vernacular Arkitekten no. 28, November history 2000, translated and updated vernacular in the online edition.
- Toraja Photo Gallery - Photographs of the striking traditional houses of the asia Toraja culture of Indonesia.
- Quanzhou Vernacular Architecture - Daniel Abramson of the University of Washington introduces this historic vernacular Chinese city and its buildings. Includes city maps, photographs and vernacular a vocabulary of characteristic forms and elements.
- Wooden Architecture in Ganzi - An illustrated report by Pamela Logan on traditional history buildings in vernacular the Kham region of Tibet for history the Kham Aid Foundation.
- The Kyoto Machiya Resource - Nick Coutts provides an illustrated history and description of Kyoto\\'s vernacular traditional townhouse architecture, and discusses issues of preservation.
- Vanishing Landscapes - An article on old Hakka homesteads in Taiwan by Karen Schmitt, illustrated with images from Taiwan Homeland Art Collection. Originally published in New Views of Southern Taiwan, March 2001.
- China's Rural Architecture - Photographs by Olivier Laude and brief texts by Ronald G. vernacular Knapp. Up to ten photographs per province.
MySQL - Cache Direct