Dyeing Textiles Crafts
Carol Todd, natural dye specialist. Contains recipes for the Dye Plant of the Month, handwoven rugs, and a gallery of hand-painted silk items.
Top: Arts: Crafts: Textiles: Dyeing
- Top/Business/Consumer Goods and Services/Crafts/Supplies
- Top/Shopping/Crafts/Supplies/Fiber Arts
- Top/Business/Textiles and Nonwovens/Dyestuffs and Chemicals/Dyestuffs and Inks
- Dharma Trading: Craft Techniques - Dyeing techniques and projects, mostly on black and textiles white blanks.
- Paula Burch's Hand Dyeing on Fabric Pages - Gallery and how to tie-dye, batik, and dye textiles by many other techniques including low water immersion, textiles dip dyeing, and sprinkle dyeing.
- Orchil Dye - The poor person\\'s purple. An article speculating on the history of this coloring, including bibliography and experimentation.
- Ancient Dyes, Natural and Synthetic - Articles on the history and chemistry of indigo and several purples.
- Olga Zenina - Russian batik artist exploring clothes and interior decor. History and textiles overview of tools, gallery and artist background. (See link textiles in English.)
- Discharge Dyeing - Information on dye effects achieved by the removal textiles of color already in the fabric, rather than textiles by adding it.
- Clarissa Cochran - Shibori - Photos and description of basic shibori techniques, biography crafts and workshop information.
- Diary of a West Cork Dyer - Recipes on wool, and commentary, excerpts from Kate dyeing Jepson's writings.
- Bello Marini - Image gallery of hand-dyed scarves and T-shirts, with instructions for textiles dying with indigo and the best plant sources for indigotin.
- Todd Designs - Carol Todd, natural dye specialist. Contains recipes textiles for the crafts Dye Plant of the Month, handwoven textiles rugs, and a gallery crafts of hand-painted silk items.
MySQL - Cache Direct