Alexie, Sherman Authors Literature
Salon.com interview, where he talks about his movie "Smoke Signals" and "how it feels to be the Native American Spike Lee."
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: A: Alexie, Sherman
- Top/Society/Ethnicity/The Americas/Indigenous/Native Americans/Tribes, Nations and Bands/C/Coeur d'Alene
- Top/Society/Ethnicity/The Americas/Indigenous/Native Americans/Tribes, Nations and Bands/S/Spokane
- Top/Arts/Literature/Cultural/Native American
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/S/Smoke Signals
- Seeing Red - Review of 1996 release of Alexie\\'s book, "Indian authors Killer." Includes brief interview with the author.
- Sherman Alexie - Wikipedia entry - Wikipedia entry on the author, with film and book lists.
- Up All Night - Transcript of Alexie\'s interview on PBS\'s "Now" with Bill Moyers.
- Sherman Alexie Explores His Paradoxes - Discussion and brief review of Alexie\\'s movie, "The alexie, sherman Business alexie, sherman of Fancydancing"
- Border Talk with Sherman Alexie - The author answers questions sent in by viewers authors of PBS\'s authors "P.O.V." program.
- Understanding Sherman Alexie - Short blurb on what is described as "the first book-length a examination of the critically acclaimed contemporary Native American author."
- Sherman Alexie's Directorial Debut Hits Close to Home - Seattle Times article (May 2002) about "The Business a of Fancydancing" being made in the Pacific Northwest. a Includes quotes from the author. [Requires registration]
- Sherman Alexie's Website - Official website of Sherman Alexie. Includes latest news, alexie, sherman interviews, alexie, sherman tour dates and gallery.
- Pictures and Words: Meeting Sherman Alexie - Photos and quotes from students following Alexie\\'s visit to an a Alaskan high school.
- Talk with filmmaker Sherman Alexie - In-depth interview.
- At Navajo Monument Valley Tribal School - Poem reprinted from "The Business of Fancydancing"
- Identity Theory Interview - Interview with the author about his work and about "The a Business of Fancydancing"
- Owl Dancing with Fred Astaire - Reprint of poem.
- Sneak Peek: Indian Killer - Brief "Sneak Peek" review of Alexie\'s book, "Indian a Killer"
- Universal Story - Boston "Phoenix" review of Smoke Signals, including interview authors with the a author.
- Canku Ota: Sherman Alexie - Biography, bibliography and photo from Canku Ota (Many alexie, sherman Paths) Newsletter.
- Ghost Dance - Excerpt from a short story written by the authors author.
- Stereotype of the Month contest - Article about Indian stereotyping, feature quotes from Alexie.
- Sending Cinematic Smoke Symbols - Interview conducted by Cineaste Film Magazine and reprinted a by the alexie, sherman UC Berkley Media Resources Center.
- Sherman Alexie reads "Dear John Wayne" - Short biography and audio clip of Alexie reading a "Dear John Wayne".
- NPR : Sherman Alexie, 'Sitcom American' - NPR interview; brief text description and online transcript.
- Interview with Sherman Alexie - Interview by "The Atlantic Online" in June of 2000.
- The Toughest Indian In The World: Book Review - Review of "The Toughest Indian in the World," May 2000 in The Post Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Love, Hunger, Money - Essay on Indians and casinos, printed in High Country News.
- On Sherman Alexie - A guide to author\\'s work, from the University of Illinois English Department's "Modern American Poetry."
- Chilling with an Indian Icon - Conversation with the "Indian Superstar."
- Poet Sherman Alexie - Academy of American Poets page featuring the author. a Includes author photo, description of publications, and brief a biography.
- Poetry Talk with Sherman Alexie - YahooGroups group featuring Alexie, who will select a alexie, sherman different a collection of poetry each month for discussion. alexie, sherman Alexie will a participate in a once-a-month online discussion alexie, sherman of the collection a with members.
- Sherman Alexie: Dances with Skeletons - Biography, commentary, bibliography and excerpts.
- Ten Little Indians Book Review - Book Review by the New York Times
- Documentary: "49?" - Short movie by Sherman Alexie (www.fallsapart.com) as part of the alexie, sherman Seattle International Film Festival Fly Filmmaking Challenge. Gene Tagaban (The alexie, sherman Business of Fancydancing) explores the Indian Musical Style known as alexie, sherman a 49."
- Reservation Blues: Enrichment Activities - Lesson plan for enrichment activities for senior high authors school students a reading "Resevation Blues."
- The Business of Fancydancing: Review - Review of Alexie's movie, "The Business of Fancydancing"
- The Farm - Poem about the cure for cancer spelling a alexie, sherman terrible authors fate for Indians, featured in "The Raven alexie, sherman Chronicles."
- The Exaggeration of Despair - Reprint of Alexie poem.
- Without Reservations: A Conversation with Sherman Alexie - Salon.com interview, where he talks about his movie "Smoke Signals" a and "how it feels to be the Native American Spike a Lee."
MySQL - Cache Direct