Borges, Jorge Luis Authors Literature
Argentine poet, essayist, and short-story writer whose tales of fantasy and dreamworlds are classics of the 20th-century world literature. Borges was profoundly influenced by European culture, English literature, and such thinkers as Berkeley, who argued that there is no material substance; the sensible world consists only of ideas, which exists for so long as they are perceived. Most of Borges's tales embrace universal themes - the often recurring circular labyrinth can be seen as a metaphor of life or a riddle which theme is time. (c)http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: B: Borges, Jorge Luis
- Preliminary Guide to Borges - Research information prepared by Harry Vélez Quiñones.
- Meeting Borges - An essay by Alfred Kazin. [Site requires free authors registration to authors access.]
- The Borgesian Cyclopedia - Links to books, articles, and interviews.
- The Guardian: Jorge Luis Borges - Profile, articles, reviews and links.
- Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) - Biography, critical analysis, and bibliography of the Argentine writer's works.
- Coleccion Jorge Luis Borges - Presentation of the publications from this scholarly collection. Mostly in Spanish, accepts queries in English.
- Borges: A Life - The first chapter of James\\' Woodall\\'s biography of authors Borges. [Site borges, jorge luis requires free registration to access.]
- The Brass Plaque Said 'Borges' - An excerpt from Paul Theroux\\'s book The Old authors Patagonian Express, b describing the author\\'s encounter with Borges authors in Argentina. [Site requires b free registration to access.]
- Webmaster Borges - Salon article on the Library of Babel as metaphor for authors the Internet.
- The Secret Books - A photographic tribute to Borges.
- Jeff's Borges Web Site - Hyper-textual approach to the themes and works of the Argentinian authors pioneer of magical realism.
- Jorge Luis Borges and the Plural I - An essay by Eric Ormsby about the nullification borges, jorge luis of personal identity in Borges literature.
- The Century of Borges - Post-modern/post-colonial examination of the Argentine author by Alfonso borges, jorge luis authors de Toro.
- Borges, a Blind Writer with Insight - 1971 article interviewing the Argentinian author. [Site requires borges, jorge luis free registration to access.]
- Garden of Forking Paths - A collection of resources on Borges, including an b annotated bibliography, authors quotations, online references, and art galleries.
MySQL - Cache Direct