O'Brien, Tim Authors Literature
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: O: O'Brien, Tim
- Metafiction and O'Brien's "The Things They Carried" - This essay by Michele Friedlander argues that O\\'Brien\\'s authors book "comments not only upon the war, but authors also upon the actual art of fiction: the authors means of storytelling, the purposes behind them, and authors ultimately the relationship between fiction and reality it
- The Myth-Shattering Courage of Tim O'Brien - This 1999 essay by Jan Matney argues that o\'brien, tim in "The Things They Carried," "O\\'Brien\\'s narrator is o\'brien, tim armed with an arsenal of feelings and words o\'brien, tim that slash away at an invisible enemy that o\'brien, tim is the myth of courage, on an invisible o'brien, tim battlefield that i
- Writing Vietnam: Keynote Address - Tim O\'Brien\'s President\'s Lecture at Brown University, 21 authors April 1999.
- Moral Questions in Tim O'Brien's "Going After Cacciato": How to Do Right in an Evil Situation - In this 1995 essay, Jonathan Chisdes writes, "the point that o'brien, tim O\\'Brien is making is not that war is an evil o'brien, tim situation. He\\'s trying to take that for granted and move o'brien, tim beyond. Now that you\\'ve got this evil situation, what do o'brien, tim you do?"
- The Truth in Things: Personal Trauma as Historical Amnesia in "The Things They Carried" - In this essay, Jim Neilson argues that Tim authors O\\'Brien\\'s "The Things They Carried" "accords with much authors of the anti-totalizing strains of postmodernism" and that authors "it is precisely this tendency in his fiction authors that makes it incapable of o
- Trap-doors and Tunnels - Richard von Busack writes that in the novels of Tim authors O\'Brien, all roads lead back to the Vietnam War.
- Tim O'Brien and the Art of the True War Story: "Night March" and "Speaking of Courage" - Full text of the critical essay from Twentieth Century Literature by John H. Timmerman. (Spring 2000)
- The Things He Carries - Interview of Tim O\\'Brien by Julia Hanna that appeared in o'brien, tim Harvard's Kennedy School Bulletin.
- The Heart Under Stress: Interview with Author Tim O'Brien - Gadfly Magazine interview with Tim O\'Brien by James authors Lindbloom.
- A Conversation With Tim O'Brien - Artful Dodger interview by Debra Shostak and Daniel o\'brien, tim Bourne, which took place during Tim O\\'Brien\\'s residency o\'brien, tim as a Lila Wallace-Reader\\'s Digest Writing Fellow at o\'brien, tim The College of Wooster.
- "How to Tell a True War Story": Metafiction in "The Things They Carried" - This essay by Catherine Calloway appeared in Critique: o\'brien, tim Studies in Contemporary Fiction. Calloway argues that "the o\'brien, tim stories become epistemological tools, multidimensional windows through which o\'brien, tim the war, the world, and the ways of o\'brien, tim telling a war story can
- Tim O'Brien - An Introduction to His Writing - Ken Lopez writes that O\\'Brien is widely recognized authors as the o preeminent American novelist of the Vietnam authors experience and his novels o have gained widespread critical authors and significant popular success because of o their ability authors to translate the experience of wartime
- Author Profile: Tim O'Brien - Bookreporter.com briefly profiles the author and offers an o interview from 1998.
- Plausibility of Denial: Tim O'Brien, My Lai, and America - H. Bruce Franklin writes that Tim O\\'Brien explores our denial of the realities of the Vietnam War and American society. Originally in The Progressive.
- An Index to "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien - The pagination in this index is based on o the paperback o'brien, tim edition of "The Things They Carried," o New York: Broadway, 1998.
- Tim O'Brien and American National Identity: A Vietnam Veteran's Imagined Self in "The Things They Carried" - A paper given by Lynn Wharton at a o conference on National Identities, held at King Alfred o College, Winchester, England, in September 1999.
- War and War: Love in the Postmodern War Fiction of Tim O'Brien - Paper by Minka Paraskevova and Yordan Kosturkov presented at postmodern o de/constructions, the 5th Interdisciplinary, International Graduate Conference at the University o of Erlangen/Nuremberg.
- Tim O'Brien, Novelist - Webpages dedicated to author and Vietnam Veteran O\\'Brien include information on his novels and short story collections, scheduled public appearances, and links to online interviews and audio recordings of readings, as well as other information related to
- Tim O'Brien Talks with Robert Birnbaum - A Robert Birnbaum interview with novelist Tim O\\'Brien for IdentityTheory.com, o posted November 5, 2002.
MySQL - Cache Direct