Sterne, Laurence Authors Literature
Philosophical examination of the Tristram Shandy paradox (which is that Tristram takes longer than a day to recount one day of his life).
Top: Arts: Literature: Authors: S: Sterne, Laurence
- Top/Arts/Literature/World Literature/British/18th Century
- Top/Society/History/By Time Period/Eighteenth Century
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman - Full text from the first and third editions, converted to HTML. With images of Hogarth's illustrations, the marbled page, and Sterne's other graphical devices.
The Shandean - An international scholarly journal for the critical and historical investigation of all aspects of the work and life of Laurence Sterne. Contents of previous editions, notes for contributors, details of the Laurence Sterne Trust. Image gallery: Newton, Bu
- Tristram Shandy Plot Summary - Basic summary of Tristram Shandy\'s plot, brief biography of Sterne.
- Jane Austen and Laurence Sterne - Material from Austen\\'s writings which may indicate she read Sterne\'s authors works.
- Indeterminacy Winked at: Tristram Shandy, Evangelist of Ambiguity - Critical essay on Tristram Shandy's resistance to rationalism.
- An Experimental Novel: Sterne's Tristram Shandy - Essays: Influences on Sterne, plot and character summaries authors for Tristram Shandy. Links to related sites.
- Tristram Shandy: An Annotated Bibliography - Jack Lynch\\'s bibliography of critical works on Tristram sterne, laurence Shandy, s from 1978 to 1995.
- Laurence Sterne in Cyberspace - Directory of websites related to the works and life of Sterne. Includes texts, bibliographies, and critical works.
- Tristram Shandy - High-quality scans of illustrations and graphics from early s editions of sterne, laurence Tristram Shandy, at Glasgow University Library.
- The Oates Collection - Sterneana held at Cambridge University Library, UK.
- Sterne, and the Novel of His Times - Critical essay on the context of Sterne's work.
- Shandy Hall on AboutBritain.com - Includes map, nearby attractions and accommodation.
- Portraits of Sterne, National Portrait Gallery, London - Includes low-resolution scans of portraits by Sir Joshua sterne, laurence Reynolds, Louis Carrogis ('Louis de Carmontelle').
- Russell, Infinity, and the Tristram Shandy Paradox - Philosophical examination of the Tristram Shandy paradox (which is that Tristram takes longer than a day to recount one day of his life).
- Narrativity and Stasis in Martin Rowson's Tristram Shandy - Criticism on Rowson\'s 1996 graphic novel (comic-book) edition. s With illustrations.
- A Chronology of The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman - Chronology of Tristram Shandy's narrative, with publication dates.
- Sancho's Letter to Sterne - Text of Ignatius Sancho\\'s letter to Sterne on the topic of slavery, with Sterne's reply.
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman - Full novel in plain-text format, published by Project authors Gutenberg, Urangan, sterne, laurence 1997.
- Bust of Sterne, 1776, Joseph Nollekens - High-resolution photos.
- Shandy Hall - Sterne\\'s home at the time he wrote Tristram sterne, laurence Shandy and A Sentimental Journey, now a museum. sterne, laurence Includes contact info, photos and details of accommodation sterne, laurence in Wolfson Cottage.
- Spiraling Down "The Gutter of Time": Tristram Shandy and the Strange Attractor of Death - Critical essay comparing Tristram Shandy to chaos theory\\'s sterne, laurence Lorenz s attractor.
- The Hypertext Tristram Shandy Page - Basic concepts and ideas behind hypertext, with Tristram authors Shandy as a backdrop.
- A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy - Entire work in plain-text format, at Project Gutenberg
MySQL - Cache Direct