Performance Literature Arts
Features classic and contemporary science fiction and fantasy--in fully dramatized form (many programs from old radio shows), and also read by authors. Requires RealPlayer.
Top: Arts: Literature: Performance
- Wollcott & Sheridan - Aural performance library offering free streaming, downloadable audio performance performances of arts contemporary and classic works such as performance Poe, Shakespeare, Frost, Marlowe, arts and Yancy.
- Great Books ~ A Chapter a Day - A chapter-by-chapter podcast of classic fiction and poetry.
- NetRead's EventCaster - "Broadcasts up-to-date literary events nationwide to event editors at newspapers literature and web sites that subscribe . . . book readings, literature author signings, book conferences, open mics, and literary contests."
- ZBS - Features contemporary audio drama, from original and published sources. (Requires Apple QuickTime 4.)
- Salon.com: Audio - Free spoken word recordings from hundreds of authors. Includes fiction, literature nonfiction, poetry, and live author events.
- LibriVox - Extensive collection of free audio books read by volunteers; the literature goal is to record every book in the public domain.
- John Adams Institute - Promotes American literature and culture in Europe by bringing authors and other speakers to Amsterdam to give lectures. With lecture details and membership information.
- Telltale Weekly - Seeks to record, produce, and sell performances of arts at least performance 50 public domain texts per year, arts with the intention of performance releasing them under the arts Creative Commons Attrubition Non-Commercial License five performance years after arts their first appearance on the site (or performance arts after
- Wired for Books - Features modern and classic literature and literary criticism performance and discussion. Works are available in RealAudio, RealVideo, performance and multimedia presentations.
- Seeing Ear Theatre - Features classic and contemporary science fiction and fantasy--in arts fully dramatized performance form (many programs from old radio arts shows), and also read performance by authors. Requires RealPlayer.
- Spoken Interludes - A monthly salon for stories featuring writers and actors reading arts their own work and the work of others.
MySQL - Cache Direct