Existentialism Periods and Movements Literature
Existentialist Period: Roughly late 1930s to late 1950sExistentialism, being a thoroughly continental philosophy, has manifestations both in academia and in literature. Perhaps existentialism qua philosophy is better known, as any philosophizing in life or sitcom is often labeled "existential." But modern existentialism came into vogue not through academics but writers and playwrights, influenced by early forms of the existential worldview. Explore the literature and the influence in this existentialist literature category.
Top: Arts: Literature: Periods and Movements: Existentialism
- The Cafe Irreal - Semiannual webzine focusing on short stories.
- From Beckett to Stoppard: Existentialism, Death, and Absurdity - Analysis of the dialogue within the playwrights work.
- Alfred Jarry (1873-1907) - Brief biography of Alfred Jarry, the first absurd existentialism playwright.
- The Theatre of the Absurd - Describes the etymology of the term and its existentialism historical development.
- Eugene Ionesco's Rhinoceros - Information on the play itself, recent productions, and existentialism the Absurd literature Theatre.
- The Absurdity of Beckett - Biography of Samuel Beckett paying particular attention to existentialism influence.
- Arts: Existentialism and Theatre - Brief essay relating existentialism to the theatre.
MySQL - Cache Direct