Works Thoreau, Henry David 19th Century American
An 1854 lecture evolved into this essay; Thoreau rails against a culture whose primary focus is financial. Includes the text of the essay in two parts and a brief history of the essay.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: American: 19th Century: Thoreau, Henry David: Works
- "Thoreau Transforms His Journal into "Slavery in Massachusetts" - Thoreau\\'s journal entries of May and June of 1854 evolve into a call for the end of American slavery.
- Slavery in Massachusetts - Hypertext of Thoreau's essay.
- Life without Principle - An 1854 lecture evolved into this essay; Thoreau thoreau, henry david 19th century rails against a culture whose primary focus is thoreau, henry david 19th century financial. Includes the text of the essay in thoreau, henry david 19th century two parts and a brief history of the thoreau, henry david 19th century essay.
- Maine Woods: Ktaadn - Ann Woodlief\\'s hypertext version of a section of Thoreau\\'s Maine Woods, with a frame including the text of the work, and another frame with notes.
- Contact! Contact! - Essay by David Rothenberg analyzing "The Maine Woods" by Thoreau.
- Cape Cod - Hypertext version of Thoreau\\'s Cape Cod, including the thoreau, henry david works 1908 introduction by Clifton Johnson.
- John Brown: A Plea for Captain John Brown - Thoreau\\'s 1859 defense of the controversial John Brown, works in HTML searchable format.
- Maine Woods - Hypertext of Thoreau\\'s book on three trips he took to 19th century Maine.
- Natural History of Massachusetts - From "The Dial," 1842. (HTML)
- Thoreau Quotes - From the Ecology Hall of Fame, a few works quotations by thoreau, henry david Thoreau.
- Thoreau Reader - Three complete books and three essays by Thoreau, annotated versions 19th century of Walden and Civil Disobedience, links to other Thoreau and 19th century Walden sites, and help for students on the Walden Express.
MySQL - Cache Direct