Works Mencken, H. L. 20th Century American
Full text organized by chapter of Mencken's analysis of the discrepancies between British and American English and the distinguishing characteristics of the latter.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: American: 20th Century: Mencken, H. L.: Works
- In Defense of Women - E-text of Mencken's 1918 book.
- The Passing of Gilbert (1836-1911) - Mencken\\'s eulogy of William S. Gilbert. Copy hosted by the works Gilbert and Sullivan archive.
- Prejudices: First Series. - HTML and SGML full text of H.L. Mencken\\'s 1919 work, along with title page illustration. Sponsored by the Documenting the American South project at the University of North Carolina.
- Positive Atheism: H. L. Mencken - Features columns on the Scopes Trial and Mark works Twain. Also links to an extensive quotation collection.
- The Monkey Trial: A Reporter's Account - H.L. Mencken\\'s observations on the Scopes trial of July 9-18, works 1925.
- Bartleby.com: The American Language - Full text organized by chapter of Mencken\\'s analysis mencken, h. l. works of the discrepancies between British and American English mencken, h. l. works and the distinguishing characteristics of the latter.
- Constitution for the New Deal - A satirical version of U.S. constitution which Mencken deemed more works suitable to the era of the New Deal, first printed works in The American Mercury 41.
MySQL - Cache Direct