MacLennan, Hugh Novelists Authors Canadian
1907-1990 Novelist, essayist, professor, and the first English-speaking writer to use Canadian scenarios in fiction. His first novel, Barometer Rising, described the tragic events of the Halifax explosion which MacLennan had witnessed as a child. His second novel, Two Solitudes, examined the conflict between English and French cultures in Canada. Other works include Each Man's Son and The Watch that Ends the Night.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: Canadian: Authors: Novelists: MacLennan, Hugh
- Hugh MacLennan: The Watch that Ends the Night - Review of the novel.
- Companions of the Order of Canada: Hugh MacLennan - Photograph of the author.
- The Hugh MacLennan Papers Digital Project - Includes a bibliography, chronology, and searchable database of papers and maclennan, hugh correspondence.
- Canadian Writers: Hugh MacLennan - Biography of the author.
- Hugh MacLennan - Biography from the Canadian and World Encyclopedia.
MySQL - Cache Direct