Kalevala Finnish World Literature
Kalevala is the Finnish national epic published by Elias Lönnrot in 1835 and 1849. It is a collection of fifty cantos based on Finnish-Karelian oral poetry.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: Finnish: Kalevala
- Top/Arts/Literature/Myths and Folktales/Myths/Finnish
- Kalevalaisen Runokielen Seura (KaRuSe) - A society that aims to revive the Kalevala meter. Rules world literature of the trochaic tetrameter in English.
- Kanteletar - Brief information about the collection of lyrics and ballads created as a companion work to the Kalevala.
- The Kalevala: The Epic Poem of Finland - 1888 English translation by John Martin Crawford. In plain text, or as a zip file, at Project Gutenberg.
- Kalevala - The Finnish National Epic - Virtual Finland\\'s introduction to Elias Lönnrot\\'s epic and finnish its influence world literature on Finnish arts and culture.
- Kalevala - A short introduction to the epic and Kalevala-inspired art.
- The Kalevala - A complete English translation from 1888, cross-linked to kalevala the Finnish kalevala text.
- Juminkeko - An information center for the Kalevala and Karelian culture.
- Kalevala: From Myth to Symbol - How Finnish-Karelian oral poetry became a symbol of world literature national finnish consciousness.
MySQL - Cache Direct