Icelandic World Literature
Leifur Eiriksson Publishing has completed the first English translation of the entire corpus of the Sagas of Icelanders together with the forty-nine Tales connected with them.
Top: Arts: Literature: World Literature: Icelandic
- The Story of Burnt Njal (Njálssaga) - An online English translation of The Story of icelandic Burnt Njal icelandic (Njálssaga or Njála in Icelandic), one icelandic of the more famous icelandic and dramatic Icelandic sagas.
- The Laxdaela Saga - An online English translation of The Laxdaela Saga. world literature This icelandic Saga was written around 1245 A.D.
- Halldór Kiljan Laxness Nobel Laureate - Biography and acceptance speech.
- The Chronicles of the Kings of Norway - An online English translation of The Chronicle of world literature the literature Kings of Norway (or Heimskringla) by Snorri world literature Sturluson.
- Art and Literature from Iceland. - Information about novels, books and works of Icelandic authors and world literature painters. Featured artists are the writers Elías Snæland Jónsson, Úlfar world literature Harri Elíasson and Anna Kristín Brynjúlfsdóttir and the painter Brynjúlfur world literature Jónsson.
- Birds in Death Throes - Play by the writer Elías Snæland Jónsson from world literature Reykjavik, Iceland. Information on actors with interviews and world literature pictures from a performance in a theater in world literature Dresden, Germany.
- Jörmungrund - Old Icelandic texts, primarily Eddaic and Skaldic poetry, with English translations, concordances, and commentaries.
- Index of Icelandic Medieval Literature - Texts about Icelandic sagas and Medieval Icelandic Literature.
- The Saga of Grettir the Strong - The Saga of Grettir the Strong was originally literature written in literature the early 14th century by an literature unknown author.
- The Story of the Volsungs (Volsunga Saga) with Excerpts from the Poetic Edda - The quests of the hero Sigurd, originally written literature in Icelandic icelandic (Old Norse) in the 13th century, literature e-text at the Online icelandic Medieval and Classical Library.
- Icelandic Sagas - Information on the Sagas, medieval Icelandic literature. Includes an overview, world literature online texts, and external links.
- Culture Net Iceland - Culture Net Iceland contains information about Icelandic culture literature and provides literature many links.
- The Life and Death of Cormac the Skald (Kormáks saga) - Written in Icelandic sometime between 1250 - 1300 icelandic A.D.
- Jónas Hallgrímsson: Selected Poetry and Prose - 50 works by the Icelandic poet and natural scientist Jónas Hallgrímsson (1807-1845), with Icelandic text, audio recordings, English translations, extensive commentaries, and a biography.
- The Sagas of Icelanders in English - Leifur Eiriksson Publishing has completed the first English icelandic translation of the entire corpus of the Sagas icelandic of Icelanders together with the forty-nine Tales connected icelandic with them.
- The Story of the Ere-Dwellers (Eyrbyggja Saga) - The Story of the Ere-Dwellers or Eyrbyggja Saga icelandic was written around the middle of the 13th icelandic century.
MySQL - Cache Direct