Lolita - 1962 Titles Movies
In 1954, Vladimir Nabokov published a novel entitled Lolita. A movie was made in 1962, written by Nabokov and directed by Stanley Kubrick. Lolita is about a man named Humbert Humbert (James Mason) that comes to the US to teach, and rooms with a woman named Charlotte Haze (Shelley Winters) and her daughter Dolores, after seeing the young girl and falling in love at first sight. Charlotte falls in love with Humbert, Humbert is madly in love with Dolores (whom he calls Lolita) and a strange man named Clare Quilty keeps popping up in unexpected places, his interests in Lolita similar to Humbert's.
Top: Arts: Movies: Titles: L: Lolita - 1962
- Top/Arts/Literature/Authors/N/Nabokov, Vladimir/Works/Lolita
- Top/Arts/Movies/Titles/L/Lolita - 1997
- TV Guide: Lolita - Review, cast, and picture.
- All-Reviews.com - Reviews of the movie.
- Internet Movie Database - Cast and crew credits and biographies, plot summary, quotes, trivia lolita - 1962 and other miscellaneous information.
- Lolita (1962) - IMDB entry.
- Weekly Alibi - "Nabokov\\'s Nymphet Enters the Nineties" Review compares l the original l Nabokov, 1962 Kubrick and 1997 Lyne l versions.
- Austin Chronicle - Short review.
- Metro Pulse - Review compares 1997 Lyne version to 1962 Kubrick version.
- Apollo Leisure Guide - Review of the sanitized version of the Nabokov novel.
MySQL - Cache Direct