Chantels, The Bands and Artists Music
The Chantels, one of the first girl groups, formed in 1956 in New York. Their first hit -- on both the R&B and pop charts -- was "Maybe" in 1957. They disbanded in 1970 but Arlene Smith brought in new members a few years later and began performing again.
Top: Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: C: Chantels, The
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/R/Rhythm and Blues
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/By Decade/1950s
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/P/Pop/Girl Groups
- Top/Arts/Music/Women in Music
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/V/Vocal/Harmony Vocal Group
- The Doo-Wop Society of Southern California: The Chantels - Photograph, profile, and discography.
- History of Rock: The Chantels - Biography of the 1950s female rhythm and blues group.
- The Chantels - Events calendar, profiles, history, photo gallery, and discography.
MySQL - Cache Direct