Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Bands and Artists Music
Formed in Liverpool in 1978, Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark (often shortened to OMD for obvious reasons) became known for pop songs combining synthesizers with "real" bass, drums and sometimes saxophone. Their first British top ten single was "Enola Gay", in 1981. US chart success arrived in the mid-80s with "If You Leave". In 1989 founding member Paul Humphries left the band, later forming The Listening Pool. Andy McCluskey recorded three more albums under the OMD name.
Top: Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: O: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/By Decade/1980s
- Top/Regional/Europe/United Kingdom/England/Arts and Entertainment/Music
- Top/Regional/Europe/United Kingdom/England/Merseyside/Liverpool/Arts and Entertainment/Music
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Official website of the Liverpool band OMD.
- Motion And Heart - News, lyrics, interviews, games, screensavers, mailing list, forum and links.
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Discography - An illustrated listing of releases by OMD.
- Compiled - Discography and archive for OMD.
- Musicfolio: OMD - Discography, album reviews and recommendations.
MySQL - Cache Direct