Oval Bands and Artists Music
Oval is a collaboration between audio artist Markus Popp (also of the band Microstoria) and visual artists Sebastian Oschatz and Frank Metzger. Their second album Systemisch, released in 1996 on the Mille Plateaux label (and later on Thrill Jockey), is widely known as the first example of the electronic music genre known as "glitch" music, and has inspired a generation of musicians who attempt to discover the voice of technology through process and aleatoric compositions. Related artists include Microstoria, Mouse on Mars, and Aoki Takamasa.
Top: Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: O: Oval
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/E/Experimental/Ambient/Bands and Artists
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/E/Electronica/I.D.M./Bands and Artists
- Wolf's Compact Discography: Markus Popp - Discography of Oval and Microstoria, with complete track listings and o times, and album art.
- A Conversation with Markus Popp of Oval and Microstoria - Disquiet e-zine interview of Markus Popp, by Marc Weidenbaum.
- Markus Popp: Music As Software - Sound On Sound magazine October 2002 interview with Markus Popp (Oval), by Sam Inglis.
- Oval, Microstoria, and the Man Behind their Curtains - Disquiet e-zine article and interview, written by Marc bands and artists o Weidenbaum, on Markus Popp\\'s work in Oval and bands and artists o Microstoria.
MySQL - Cache Direct