Rubin, Rick Bands and Artists Music
Born Frederick Jay Rubin in 1963, Rubin was attending New York University when he and Russell Simmons founded the Def Jam record label in 1984. Rubin produced many early hip-hop artists, but also worked with hard rock bands such as Slayer as early as 1985. After a falling out with Simmons he formed Def American, later shortened to American Recordings. He has produced important albums by Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a series of albums by the late Johnny Cash.
Top: Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: R: Rubin, Rick
- Top/Business/Arts and Entertainment/Music/Production/Producers
- Top/Regional/North America/United States/Arts and Entertainment/Music
- Allmusic: Rick Rubin - Biography of the producer.
- Johnny Cash - Rick Rubin - Song clips, message board, news, and mailing list related to the series of albums by Cash produced by Rubin.
- Rick Rubin: Life Among the Wildflowers - Interview by Maureen Droney, originally from Mix magazine.
- The Onion A.V. Club: Rick Rubin - Interview by Nathan Rabin, about his career as a producer and label head.
- Beastiemania.com: Rick Rubin - Profile of Rubin in relation to his work r with The rubin, rick Beastie Boys.
MySQL - Cache Direct