Walker, Junior Bands and Artists Music
Autry "Junior Walker" DeWalt (1931-1955) was the only Motown instrumentalist to release recordings under his own name. He played tenor saxophone and sang on hit singles by Junior Walker and the All Stars such as "Shotgun," "Shake and Fingerpop," "I'm a Road Runner," "Pucker Up Buttercup," and "What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)" in the mid to late 1960s and early 1970s. He continued to work until he became ill with cancer in 1993; his solo on "Urgent" by Foreigner is probably the best-known example of his later session work.
Top: Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: W: Walker, Junior
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/P/Pop/Motown/Bands and Artists
- Top/Regional/North America/United States/Arts and Entertainment/Music
- History of Rock: Junior Walker and the All Stars - Profile with photos.
- Tom Simon: Junior Walker And The All Stars - Biography.
- All Music Guide: Junior Walker - Biography, and discography with reviews.
- Google Answers: Legendary Sax player Junior Walker - Collection of articles and quotes about Walker.
- Classic Bands: Junior Walker and The All Stars - Profile of the group.
- Soulwalking: Junior Walker - Profile with photos, sound files, and discography.
MySQL - Cache Direct