Balakirev, Mily Alexeyevich Composers Composition Music
Russian composer Mily (or Mili) Alekseyevich Balakirev (1837-1910) was a staunch nationalist and leader of The Five, a group of like-minded composers also including César Cui, Aleksandr Borodin, Modest Mussorgsky, and Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov. His passion for the folk music of his native land was translated into his own compositions and passed on to his contemporaries and to later composers, including Tchaikovsky.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: B: Balakirev, Mily Alexeyevich
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Russian
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Romantic/Moguchaya Kuchka
- Balakirev, Mily Alexeyevich - Brief biography with comments on orchestral and piano music and composers recommended recordings.
- Grave of Milij Balakirev - Picture of tombstone with link to list of balakirev, mily alexeyevich b other notable interments in the Alexander Nevsky Monastery balakirev, mily alexeyevich b cemetery in St. Petersburg. From Find a Grave.
- Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev - Musica Classica classical music dictionary entry includes brief biography, works, catalogue, and MIDI audio sample.
- Mily Balakirev - Entry at the Lied and Art Songs Text Page with list of vocal works linked to Russian (Cyrillic and transliterated) lyrics, some in English translation.
- Mily Alekseyevich Balakirev - Musical biography noting varied career paths, caricature, and Naxos discography.
MySQL - Cache Direct