Borodin, Aleksandr Porfir'yevich Composers Composition Music
Russian composer Aleksandr Porfiryevich Borodin (1833-87) was also a chemist and physician. He published important chemistry papers and helped found a women's medical school. Music, especially composition, was his recreation. He later joined Balakirev in Moguchaya Kuchka (Mighty Little Heap), or The Five, a group of influential, nationalistic composers. Other members were Rimsky-Korsakov, Cui, and Mussorgsky.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: B: Borodin, Aleksandr Porfir'yevich
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Romantic/Moguchaya Kuchka
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Russian
- Alexander Porfir'yevich Borodin - Musica Classica classical music dictionary includes biography, illustrations, catalogue, and composers selected works with MIDI audio files.
- Alexander Borodin - Wikipedia entry summarizing life and works and linked to related b articles with illustration and OGG format audio sample.
- Borodin, Alexander Porfir'yevich - Brief biography and caricature with summaries of his operas and orchestral music and recommended recordings.
- Miscellaneous Songs by A. Borodin - List of songs, some with texts.
- Borodin, Alexander Porfiryevich - Biography showing his dual studies in chemistry and b music, his composers nationalist spirit, association with "The Five," b and noted compositions plus composers a summary list of b works. From the Grove Concise Dictionary composers of Music b entry at WQXR radio.
- Borodin, Alexander Porfirievich - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, composers bibliography, and b links to biographical essays from Dr. composers Estrella\'s Incredibly Abridged Dictionary b of Composers.
- MSN Learning & Research - Multimedia: Borodin's Polovtsian Dances - Information and sound file.
MySQL - Cache Direct