Casella, Alfredo Composers Composition Music
Early 20th Century composer Alfredo Casella (1883-1947) was born in Turin to a musical family. An excellent pianist, he gradually moved into composition and conducting, embracing more modern forms of musical expression. He also embraced Italian Fascism, which led to his works being shunned for a time. He established the Corporazione delle Nuove Musiche, which had, for a time, members such as Respighi, Malipiero, Castelnuovo-Tedesco, and Vittorio Gui. Casella wrote operas, ballets, symphonies, concertos, other orchestral pieces, and chamber and instrumental music.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: C: Casella, Alfredo
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Dance/Ballet/Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Italian
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- Casella, Alfredo - Biography showing his early embrace of Debussy, Strauss, Mahler, and casella, alfredo the Russian nationalists, championing of newer music, and move into casella, alfredo neo-classicism in later years. From the Grove Concise Dictionary of casella, alfredo Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Alfredo Casella (1883-1947) - Song cycles and individual works listed with REC Music Foundation. casella, alfredo Includes French and Italian lyrics.
- Alfredo Casella - Entry from the Classical Composers Database with brief life, links, and summary of works.
- Casella, Alfredo (1883 - 1947) - Biographical sketch and Naxos discography.
MySQL - Cache Direct