Cowell, Henry Dixon Composers Composition Music
Innovative and experimental American composer Henry Dixon Cowell (1897-1965) was born in Menlo Park, California, growing up surrounded by a variety of Oriental musical traditions, his father's Irish heritage, and his mother's Midwestern folktunes. All of this flavored his compositional style, even when he was branching out into even more varied areas and genres.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: C: Cowell, Henry Dixon
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- M.L.A. Obituary Index--Cowell, Henry - Obituary citations, dictionary citations.
- Cowell, Henry Dixon - Musical biography showing both his self-teaching and formal instruction and noting his large, complex, innovative, and often unconventional output from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Stockhausen's New Morphology of Musical Time - A comparison of Cowell and Stockhausen, from "Karlheinz c Stockhausen\\'s New c Morphology of Musical Time" by Christopher c K. Koenigsberg.
- Henry Dixon Cowell (1897-1965) - Listing of miscellaneous songs and cycles at recmusic.org, some with texts.
- Henry Cowell - Biography, works, selected discography, article, review.
- Henry Cowell as theorist and Critic - Excerpts of article from The Whole World of Music: A Henry Cowell Symposium, David Nicholls, editor (Harwood Academic Press, 1997)
MySQL - Cache Direct