Dukas, Paul Abraham Composers Composition Music
Paul Dukas (1865-1935) was born in Paris, France. At the Paris Conservatory, he studied piano, harmony, and composition. His symphonic scherzo L'Apprenti Sorcier (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) is his most popular work, especially since it was a central part of Walt Disney's Fantasia with Mickey Mouse in the title role. Dukas also wrote the ballet La peri and the opera Ariane, about Bluebeard's sixth wife.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: D: Dukas, Paul Abraham
- Top/Arts/Performing Arts/Dance/Ballet/Composers
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/French
- Paul Dukas: Villanelle - Information for horn players on performing the piece composers with correct technique.
- Paul Dukas - Entry from the Classical Composers Database includes biographical information and links.
- Dukas, Paul Abraham - Biography showing education, influences, related composers, style and substance of his works, and his self-critical nature and abilities as music critic and teacher. From the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Dukas, Paul (1865-1935) - Brief biographical sketch, notes on orchestral music, caricature, d and Naxos composers discography.
- Paul Dukas, Composer - Listing with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra\\'s DSO Kids. Biographical, period, and musical information. RAM 28k and high speed and HSX audio of The Sorcerer\'s Apprentice.
MySQL - Cache Direct