Dunstable, John Composers Composition Music
Medieval composer John Dunstable (c.1390-1453) likely received his surname from his probable place of birth, Dunstable, Bedfordshire in England. Little is known about his life, although a fair bit of second-hand information corroborates other sources. Some 60 of his works are known, among them being Quam pulchra es, Ave regina caelorum, and Veni Sancte Spiritus. Dunstable helped define early Renaissance music in northern Europe as his compositions spread through England and much of the continent.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: D: Dunstable, John
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/English
- John Dunstable (c. 1400 - 1474) - Karadar dictionary entry with brief life, works, and related composer d link.
- Dunstable, John (c. 1390 - 1453), United Kingdom - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and d links to biographical essays.
- John Dunstaple - Basic biography, comments on works, and extensive discography.
- John Dunstable - The Veni Sancte Spiritus with PDF, MIDI, and dunstable, john MusiXTeX dunstable, john format downloads. From the Werner Icking Music dunstable, john Archive.
- Dunstable, John (139?-1453) - Brief biographical sketch, comments on church and secular d music, and Naxos discography.
MySQL - Cache Direct