Feldman, Morton Composers Composition Music
He was born in New York City and lived from 1926 to 1987. In 1949 the most significant meeting up to that time took place - Feldman met John Cage, commencing an artistic association of crucial importance to music in America in the 1950s. His philosophy: "My whole generation was hung up on the 20 to 25 minute piece. It was our clock. We all got to know it, and how to handle it. As soon as you leave the 20-25 minute piece behind, in a one-movement work, different problems arise. Up to one hour you think about form, but after an hour and a half it's scale. Form is easy - just the division of things into parts. But scale is another matter. You have to have control of the piece - it requires a heightened kind of concentration. Before, my pieces were like objects; now, they're like evolving things."
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: F: Feldman, Morton
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Late 20th Century
Morton Feldman - (1926-1987), New York City. Biography, list of works, discography, recordings online, performances, interviews, pictures, and bibliography.
- Beckett - Music: Morton Feldman - Apmonia is the Web\\'s site for Samuel Beckett, f and this f page details Morton Feldman\\'s Beckett compositions. f Biography, Compositions, and sound f files.
- University at Buffalo Libraries - Music - Morton Feldman - The Music Library of the University at Buffalo, f The State feldman, morton University of New York possesses a f substantial amount of material feldman, morton related to the life f and career of Morton Feldman.
- Morton Feldman Lectures - Lectures, post-concert discussions, and introductory remarks, given 1972-1985 f at the University of Buffalo.
- Thomas Moore, pianist - Interviews - Interview with Morton Feldman.
MySQL - Cache Direct