Joachim, Joseph Composers Composition Music
Austrian Romantic composer Joseph Joachim (1831-1907) was of Hungarian (Slovakian) ancestry. He was an accomplished violinist and conductor, playing both his own music and that of others. Schumann dedicated a piece to him and Brahms consulted him on his own Violin Concerto. Joachim's most noted piece is Hungarian Concerto for Violin, op. 11
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: J: Joachim, Joseph
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/B/Brahms, Johannes
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Austrian
- Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Stringed/Bowed Strings/Violin/Violinists/Classical
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Hungarian
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Slovak
- Joachim, Joseph (1831 - 1907), Austria - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and composers link to biographical essay from Dr. Estrella\'s Incredibly Abridged Dictionary composers of Composers.
- Joseph Joachim (1831-1907) - Link to lyrics of Heinrich Heine in German joachim, joseph with English, French, and Dutch translations from the joachim, joseph Lied and Art Song Texts Page at REC joachim, joseph Music.
- Joseph Joachim - Musica Classica Classical Music Dictionary entry with life joachim, joseph and relationship with other composers.
- Joachim, Joseph - Biography noting his abilities as violinist, conductor, and composer, showing interactions with Mendelssohn, Lizst, Brahms, and the Schumanns, and summarizing his works. From the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
MySQL - Cache Direct