Lerdahl, Fred Whitford Composers Composition Music
Discussion of his published article "Cognitive Constraints on Compositional Systems", which explores the relationship between composing and listening.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: L: Lerdahl, Fred Whitford
- Top/Science/Social Sciences/Linguistics/People/Jackendoff, Ray S.
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Fred Lerdahl - Biography from the Living Composers Project noting academic l career, writings, composers and musical works. Includes contact information.
- Fred Lerdahl's "Wake" - Study of his music intersecting with the literature of James Joyce includes original commentary and CD liner notes.
- Art of the States: Fred Lerdahl - Biographical material and details of his Fantasy Etudes l with information lerdahl, fred whitford on the performance by eighth blackbird. l Includes entire piece in lerdahl, fred whitford RAM audio, with a l duration of 13:19.
- Lerdahl, Fred Whitford - Brief biography noting studies and influences, work in l composition and lerdahl, fred whitford theory. From the Grove Concise Dictionary l of Music entry at lerdahl, fred whitford WQXR radio.
- Annotation for Lerdahl, Fred, and Jackendoff, Ray - A brief exposition of their joint work applying l insights from l generative linguistics to the formal analysis l of music, assuming the l listener is experienced in l the tonal idiom.
- Fred Lerdahl's Attack on Serialism - Discussion of his published article "Cognitive Constraints on Compositional Systems", which explores the relationship between composing and listening.
MySQL - Cache Direct