Loeffler, Charles Martin Tornov Composers Composition Music
German-born American composer Charles Martin Tornov Loeffler (1861-1935) fabricated an Alsatian origin in response to his father's treatment by German authorities. As a conductor, he supported new music, as a composer, he continued in the Romantic tradition while embracing Impressionism. Later works also incorporated jazz.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: L: Loeffler, Charles Martin Tornov
- Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Stringed/Bowed Strings/Violin/Violinists/Classical
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/German
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/J/Jazz/Bands and Artists
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- Loeffler, Charles Martin - Brief background, style notes, and major works from the Grove Concise Dictionary of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Charles Martin Loeffler - Chronology of selected works with biography highlighting his composers anti-German sentiments loeffler, charles martin tornov plus links. From the Classical Composers composers Database.
- Charles Martin Tornov Loeffler (1861-1935) - Listing at The Lied and Art Song Texts loeffler, charles martin tornov Page with French lyrics to selected vocal works, loeffler, charles martin tornov some having English, German, or Russian translations.
MySQL - Cache Direct