Marschner, Heinrich August Composers Composition Music
German composer Heinrich August Marschner (1795-1861) originally intended a legal career but meeting Beethoven inspired him to follow a musical path. His operas became his greatest claim to fame, from Der Vampyr onward and Hans Heiling was, perhaps, the highlight of his career. He also wrote in a number of other genres, leaving behind some 400 songs, 120 choruses for male voices, and a host of other works.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Marschner, Heinrich August
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/German
- Marschner, Heinrich August - Biography focused his operatic works comments on his composers sometimes emphasizing the dramatic elements at the expense composers of the musical. From the Grove Concise Dictionary composers of Music entry at WQXR radio.
- Heinrich Marschner - Karadar entry with life, portrait, summary of works, and links. m Includes list of operas with debut information, English libretto for m Der Vampyr, and German libretto for Der Templer und die m Jüdin.
- Heinrich August Marschner (1795-1861) - Listing at The Lied and Art Song Texts marschner, heinrich august Page with German lyrics to selected vocal works, marschner, heinrich august most having English translation.
- Marschnerites - Yahoo Groups mail list dedicated to preserving and promoting his m name and works, particularly his operas.
MySQL - Cache Direct