Messiaen, Olivier Composers Composition Music
(1908-1992), Avignon, France. Influential French composer, teacher of both Karlheinz Stockhausen and Pierre Boulez, many of his compositions were influenced by Roman Catholic theology. His Quatuor pour la fin du temps was written for performance by himself and fellow prisoners of war in a Nazi camp. It continues to be one of his most performed works. Literal transcriptions of bird calls are an important element in his compositions.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Messiaen, Olivier
- Classic Cat: Messiaen - Directory of mp3s on the internet that have been made composers available by their performing artists.
- Messiaen, Olivier (1908 - 1992), France - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and m links to biographical essays.
- Regards sur OLIVIER MESSIAEN - Biography, Timeline, Catalogue of Works, Discography, Links, Musical Language, Analysis composers of "Vingr Regards sur l\'Enfant-Jesus". Most contents are in Japanese.
- Kunst der Fuge | Olivier Messiaen - Selection of quality MIDI files (no download limits).
- Olivier Messiaen - Filmography at IMDb includes television production of his composers opera Saint m François d'Assise.
MySQL - Cache Direct