Mussorgsky, Modest Petrovich Composers Composition Music
Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky was born in 1839, in the Karevo, district of Pskov and died in 1881 in St. Petersburg. A member of Moguchaya Kuchka (The Five), Mussorgsky was a competent pianist and a fiercely nationalist composer. In this light, his opera Boris Godunov still stands out. Before his early death (most likely due to his alcoholism which may have been influenced by mental illness), he wrote several other memorable works, some of which received orchestration from other composers, such as Pictures at an Exhibition, which Ravel orchestrated, Night on Bald Mountain, the opera Khovanshchina, and the songs The Nursery and Songs and Dances of Death.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: M: Mussorgsky, Modest Petrovich
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/Europe/Russian
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/R/Rimsky-Korsakov, Nicolai Andreyevich
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Romantic/Moguchaya Kuchka
- Classic Cat - Directory of mp3s on the internet that have been made composers available by the performing artists.
- Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky - Explanation of the interaction between the music and mussorgsky, modest petrovich the Hartman paintings.
- Classical Net - Recording highlights.
- Grave of Modest Mussorgsky - Portrait and photograph of tomb from Find a m Grave.
- Modest Mussorgsky - Wikipedia article with summary of life and works and links m to related subjects and people plus portrait.
- Mussorgsky: Piano Works, Including Pictures at an Exhibition - A personal review of some recordings.
- Modest Moussorgsky - Karadar Dictionary entry with life, related composers, MIDI composers audio samples, composers catalogue of works, list of operas composers with phonetically spelled libretto composers of Boris Godunov, and composers portraits and other illustrations.
- Kunst der Fuge | Modest Mussorgsky - MIDI files (freely downloadable) of "Pictures at an composers Exhibition" and "Night on the Bare Mountain"; also composers WMA / MP3 files.
- Modest Mussorgsky: Voicing the Spirit of Russia - Timeline, key works, recommended recordings, and composer quote, composers from Humanities Web.
MySQL - Cache Direct