Orff, Carl Composers Composition Music
German composer Carl Orff was born in 1895 in Munich in a line of Bavarian military officers. His compositional style changed after he joined the army in 1917. In 1930 he wrote Catulli Carmina I and in 1931 Catulli Carmina II. These were Latin texts for unaccompanied choir. Later, he was appointed conductor to Bach Society of Munich. In the years 1935-36 he wrote Carmina Burana, which was first performed in 1937. Of it, he said, "Everything I have written to date, and which you have, unfortunately, printed, can be destroyed. With Carmina Burana, my collected works begin." Orff died in 1982 and is buried in Andechs, Germany.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: O: Orff, Carl
- Carl Orff (1895-1982) - Russell McNeil\\'s Malaspina Great Books list of Library composers of Congress citations for the composer.
- Orff, Carl (1895 - 1982), Germany - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, orff, carl bibliography, o links to biographical essays, and commentary on orff, carl his musical o instruction methods from Dr. Estrella\\'s Incredibly orff, carl Abridged Dictionary of o Composers.
- Classic Cat: Orff - Directory of mp3s on the internet that have been made available by their performing artists.
- Carl Orff - Filmography, biography, other works, and links at IMDb.
- Catulli Carmina: Praelusio -- Commentary and Translation - Commentary on and English translation of part of one of Orff's lesser known works.
MySQL - Cache Direct