Sousa, John Philip Composers Composition Music
American composer John Philip Sousa (1854-1932) lived most of his life during the Romantic period, a time that also saw increasing nationalism in the music of many countries. His Stars and Stripes Forever became the national march of the United States and his own life, as the son of a Spanish-born Portuguese-descended father and a Bavarian born mother, certainly championed the spirit of America. He was long-time conductor of the United States Marine Corps Band and then formed his own band, which often made extensive world tours.
Top: Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: S: Sousa, John Philip
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/By Region/North America/American
- Top/Arts/Music/Composition/Composers/Early 20th Century
- Top/Regional/North America/United States/Government/Military/Marine Corps/Bands and Music
- Top/Arts/Music/Styles/M/Military Bands and Music
- The Original Sousaphone - Examination of the origin of the low brass composers instrument named for the composer.
- Grave of John Philip Sousa - Find A Grave pictures of the composer and s his tomb with link to others buried in s the Congressional Cemetery in Washington, D.C.
- The Fifth String by John Philip Sousa - His novel, digitized and published in HTML, tells the story sousa, john philip of Diotti, a renowned violinist, coming to America.
- John Philip Sousa (1854-1932) - Detailed biography traces his career including introducing ragtime composers music to composers Europe with recommended Naxos recordings.
- Sousa, John Philip (1854 - 1932), United States - Biographical data, recommended CDs, books and sheet music, bibliography, and s link from Dr. Estrella\'s Incredibly Abridged Dictionary of Composers.
- Think Tank: Who Was John Philip Sousa? - Transcript of PBS program with Ben Wattenberg examines composers him as man, composer, and promoter.
- John Philip Sousa - Musica Classica Classical Music Dictionary entry with life s and MIDI s audio files.
- Sousa Archives for Band Research - Includes statement of purpose, collections, preservation projects, news, and access and contact information.
MySQL - Cache Direct